Which drivers do I use? Abit or Nvidia's?

mrkorb

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2004
I've been having problems with a Zero Display Service Error when trying to upgrade my video drivers. I've read several people were able to fix that once they upgraded their motherboard drivers. The computer in question has an Abit KN8 Ultra in it, and on the Abit site, they have the nForce4 chipset drivers dated 9/12/05 v6.67. But, on the Nvidia site, they have the newest 6.70 drivers dated 10/26/05. Which should I use? I know newer isn't always necessarily better when it comes to drivers.

hella-d

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
Always Use The Drivers From The Nvidia Site (Yes, Video Card Too Assuming Your Using An Nvidia Card) And More Questions Feel Free To Post Them Or E-Mail Me @ Hella_D6999_01@Yahoo.Com Or Even Hit Me Up On Yahoo Messenger (My Yahoo Messenger Name Is The Part Of My E-Mail Address Before The @)

SR71

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2005
Always Use The Drivers From The Nvidia Site (Yes, Video Card Too Assuming Your Using An Nvidia Card) And More Questions Feel Free To Post Them Or E-Mail Me @ Hella_D6999_01@Yahoo.Com Or Even Hit Me Up On Yahoo Messenger (My Yahoo Messenger Name Is The Part Of My E-Mail Address Before The @)

I second that! Get 'em from Nvidia . . .

Vascular

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
I disagree. Use the Abit drivers for your motherboard. Not all vendors use the same components such as sata controllers and firewire. If it was a video card then use nvidia.

Pompeii

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
I say download the abit drivers for your motherboard - and then download nVidia forceware for your video card. That should fix most problems.

SR71

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2005
I say download the abit drivers for your motherboard - and then download nVidia forceware for your video card. That should fix most problems.

Sorry about quick first response . . . I agree with this poster, mobo drivers from ABIT, forceware from Nvidia.

Goodluck!

FACEBASH

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
I agree that you should use teh Abit drivers for your MB and Nvidia for the Vid cArd.. But.. if your having trouble.. the reference drivers for Nforce 4 are worth a go imho..

hope youve solved your problem already ..
cheers