2003 server prints to incorrect session

Hi,
We are testing TS right now, and looks like in configuration where few
clients logs with the same username (from different machines) and printers
have identical driver and name, and are connected to the same local port
(LPT1 on each machine), TS redirects all printing to the first mapped
printer. It's by default (by design) or it's just a bug ? We can of course
give unique names for the printers but in future deployment it could be a
quite time consuming. Is there any way to avoid this ?

Thanks
PiotrekT

This is a side effect of multiple users sharing the same user
name. You will see other consequences, like users sharing all
sorts of settings, IE Favorites, overwriting each others profiles
(with possible profile corruption), etc.

You might be able to circumvent the printer issue by tinkering
with the checkbox for "Default to main printer", but I would
really solve the problem by giving each user a personal logon
account.

Or use shared network printers, don't use autocreation of the
printer and instead map each connection from a certain client to a
fixed network printer in a login script.

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"Piotr Truszczynski" <truszcz@go2.pl> wrote on 04 okt 2004 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client: