2 Terminal Services questions

Ed

1. Can I get an e-mail notification when a user logs on to a server via
Terminal Services?

2. Can the client see more than 256 colors in Terminal Services?

inline.

"Ed" <eddiemarino@hotmail.com> wrote on 04 okt 2004 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

> 1. Can I get an e-mail notification when a user logs on to a
> server via Terminal Services?

This is not a native feature of any Windows OS. But you could
write a script that periodically checks for a new session and have
it send an email message. There's a freeware utility called blat,
which I use for automated email notifications.

> 2. Can the client see more than 256 colors in Terminal Services?

Depends on the OS version on your Terminal Server.
If W2K: no. If 2003: yes.

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT