VERY strange permissions issue

I have a user who access a TS box (Win 2K Server running in Application
Server mode) from her home. When she logs in, and then try's to open her K
and S drives, she gets an access denied message. We pulled the cat five
cable from the desktop and plugged it into the notebook computer and she
logged in with no trouble and could access the drives. We then reconnected
the desktop and the error returned.

Thinking this was a problem with her local PC, we brought it to the shop and
put it on the bench. We got the same thing.

I then tried to access the TS box, using her account, from my personal PC.
No problems. We accessed the account from another PC in the office, and the
problem returned.

We cannot duplicate the problem under the same conditions twice. It seems
random. It does it on some PCs and not on others and it does it at random
times with not predictable or discernable pattern.

It gets better...

If we log in as her, minimize the TS session and start an other session, log
in as administrator, minimize the admin session, restore her session, we DO
NOT get the access denied message!!!

If we log in as her, disconnect the two trouble drives, remap them, we
sometimes can get by with that.

I'm thinking her TS profile is corrupt and that we should create her a new
one and try that. Thing is, this JUST started. She's not had trouble prior
to this and it's worked fine for months. No new software, no new
hardware...she logged in Tuesday with no problems and Wednesday, she's
having random, unpredictable access denied errors.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

PS: This user is a member of the Administrators group! As she should be.

Thanks

Cliff

"Eliminate annoying spam!
My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

http://www.ihatespam.net

When a profile becomes corrupt, it usually does so when the user
logs off, and something goes wrong when the system tries to save
the profile. So there's nothing strange in a profile working
perfectly on Tuesday, and being corrupt on Wednesday morning.

I would start to delete her profile and see if that fixes the
problem.

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"Cliff" <bob@one.com> wrote on 05 okt 2004 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client: