Client 3790 and widescreen TFT

Hi,

Just bought a few HP 23" widescreen TFT's with a resolution op 1920x1200
pixels, but the most I can get out of my client is 1600x1200. Is it possible
to use more pixels?

Willie

No. From:
What's New in Terminal Server
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/overview/tec
hnologies/terminalserver.mspx

<quote>
With RDP 5.1, color depth can be selected from 256 colors (8-bit)
to True Color (24-bit), and resolution can be set from 640 x 480
up to 1600 x 1200.
</quote>

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"Sleurhutje" <sleurhutje@spam.la> wrote on 12 okt 2004 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

> Hi,
>
> Just bought a few HP 23" widescreen TFT's with a resolution op
> 1920x1200 pixels, but the most I can get out of my client is
> 1600x1200. Is it possible to use more pixels?
>

> Willie

Thanks Vera,

Too bad, now I have two black bars on either side of the screen. Do you know
if Microsoft plans to release a client/server update that can do higher
resolutions? Widescreens are becoming a common good for many companies.

Willie

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> schreef in bericht
> No. From:
> What's New in Terminal Server
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/overview/tec
> hnologies/terminalserver.mspx
>
> <quote>
> With RDP 5.1, color depth can be selected from 256 colors (8-bit)
> to True Color (24-bit), and resolution can be set from 640 x 480
> up to 1600 x 1200.
> </quote>
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> "Sleurhutje" <sleurhutje@spam.la> wrote on 12 okt 2004 in
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just bought a few HP 23" widescreen TFT's with a resolution op
>> 1920x1200 pixels, but the most I can get out of my client is
>> 1600x1200. Is it possible to use more pixels?
>>

>> Willie

I've no idea.
But you can give feedback and suggest this feature:

https://www.windowsserverfeedback.com/

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

"WillieWorstel" <willieworstel@spam.la> wrote on 14 okt 2004:

> Thanks Vera,
>
> Too bad, now I have two black bars on either side of the screen.
> Do you know if Microsoft plans to release a client/server update
> that can do higher resolutions? Widescreens are becoming a
> common good for many companies.
>

> Willie
>

> "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se>
> schreef in bericht
>> No. From:
>> What's New in Terminal Server

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/overview/t
>> ec hnologies/terminalserver.mspx
>>
>> <quote>
>> With RDP 5.1, color depth can be selected from 256 colors
>> (8-bit) to True Color (24-bit), and resolution can be set from
>> 640 x 480 up to 1600 x 1200.
>> </quote>
>>
>> --
>> Vera Noest
>> MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
>> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
>> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>>
>> "Sleurhutje" <sleurhutje@spam.la> wrote on 12 okt 2004 in
>> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Just bought a few HP 23" widescreen TFT's with a resolution op
>>> 1920x1200 pixels, but the most I can get out of my client is
>>> 1600x1200. Is it possible to use more pixels?
>>>

>>> Willie

> Thanks Vera,
>
> Too bad, now I have two black bars on either side of the screen. Do you
> know
> if Microsoft plans to release a client/server update that can do higher
> resolutions? Widescreens are becoming a common good for many companies.
>

> Willie

Sorry for the weird posting but every first post I submit to this group is
deleted. Each post hereafter goed fine....

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> schreef in bericht
> No. From:
> What's New in Terminal Server
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/overview/tec
> hnologies/terminalserver.mspx
>
> <quote>
> With RDP 5.1, color depth can be selected from 256 colors (8-bit)
> to True Color (24-bit), and resolution can be set from 640 x 480
> up to 1600 x 1200.
> </quote>
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> "Sleurhutje" <sleurhutje@spam.la> wrote on 12 okt 2004 in
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just bought a few HP 23" widescreen TFT's with a resolution op
>> 1920x1200 pixels, but the most I can get out of my client is
>> 1600x1200. Is it possible to use more pixels?
>>

>> Willie

One option, although not very inexpensive is to invest in Citrix MetaFrame,
whos ICA client supports such resolutions.

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
http://www.workthin.com