e-mail link

i recieved e-mail messages with link, but when it is clicked, it will not
open.. is there something wrong with
the link? or something in my computer setting that cannot process
hyperlink?. pls help.
crito
4 answers Last reply
More about mail link

    Hyperlinks don't open:

    http://www.oehelp.com/ielnk.aspx or:

    http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm or:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q177054

    If the page opens, but doesn't load:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
    --
    Bruce Hagen
    ~IB-CA~

    "MONGOLRED" <fe_crito@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > i recieved e-mail messages with link, but when it is clicked, it
    will not
    > open.. is there something wrong with
    > the link? or something in my computer setting that cannot process
    > hyperlink?. pls help.
    > crito

    Hi,

    Close Internet Explorer and Outlook Express if either are open.

    Start/run "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" (without the quotes)

    Control panel/Internet options/programs tab, click on "reset all web
    settings"

    Reopen and retry the links in Internet Explorer and Outlook Express.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "MONGOLRED" <fe_crito@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > i recieved e-mail messages with link, but when it is clicked, it will not
    > open.. is there something wrong with
    > the link? or something in my computer setting that cannot process
    > hyperlink?. pls help.
    > crito

    "MONGOLRED" <fe_crito@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > i recieved e-mail messages with link, but when it is clicked, it will not
    > open.. is there something wrong with
    > the link? or something in my computer setting that cannot process
    > hyperlink?. pls help.
    > crito

    Those links open into the default browser, but it sounds like you've
    uninstalled it. To make IE the default browser start it up and go to
    Tools -> Options -> Programs (tab). Tick "Internet Explorer should check to
    see...", click OK, and exit Internet Explorer. Start IE again and when
    asked to make IE the default browser, choose yes.

    Tony.

    Have seen this with a pop up blocker installed, can't remember which one.
    OK when this was removed.

    --

    Kenny

    > Hi,
    >
    > Close Internet Explorer and Outlook Express if either are open.
    >
    > Start/run "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" (without the quotes)
    >
    > Control panel/Internet options/programs tab, click on "reset all web
    > settings"
    >
    > Reopen and retry the links in Internet Explorer and Outlook Express.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "MONGOLRED" <fe_crito@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > i recieved e-mail messages with link, but when it is clicked, it will
    not
    > > open.. is there something wrong with
    > > the link? or something in my computer setting that cannot process
    > > hyperlink?. pls help.
    > > crito

Email Microsoft Windows XP