e-mail link

i recieved e-mail messages with link, but when it is clicked, it will not
open.. is there something wrong with
the link? or something in my computer setting that cannot process
hyperlink?. pls help.
crito

Hyperlinks don't open:

http://www.oehelp.com/ielnk.aspx or:

http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm or:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q177054

If the page opens, but doesn't load:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
--
Bruce Hagen
~IB-CA~

"MONGOLRED" <fe_crito@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> i recieved e-mail messages with link, but when it is clicked, it
will not
> open.. is there something wrong with
> the link? or something in my computer setting that cannot process
> hyperlink?. pls help.
> crito

Hi,

Close Internet Explorer and Outlook Express if either are open.

Start/run "regsvr32 urlmon.dll" (without the quotes)

Control panel/Internet options/programs tab, click on "reset all web
settings"

Reopen and retry the links in Internet Explorer and Outlook Express.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"MONGOLRED" <fe_crito@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> i recieved e-mail messages with link, but when it is clicked, it will not
> open.. is there something wrong with
> the link? or something in my computer setting that cannot process
> hyperlink?. pls help.
> crito

"MONGOLRED" <fe_crito@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> i recieved e-mail messages with link, but when it is clicked, it will not
> open.. is there something wrong with
> the link? or something in my computer setting that cannot process
> hyperlink?. pls help.
> crito

Those links open into the default browser, but it sounds like you've
uninstalled it. To make IE the default browser start it up and go to
Tools -> Options -> Programs (tab). Tick "Internet Explorer should check to
see...", click OK, and exit Internet Explorer. Start IE again and when
asked to make IE the default browser, choose yes.

Tony.

Kenny

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001

Have seen this with a pop up blocker installed, can't remember which one.
OK when this was removed.

--

Kenny