problem with ram running at ddr 400 please help

pvp_monster

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
hi im running 1 gig of ddr 400 ram in a pcchips m871g motherboard.I have the latest bios installed for this board. The problem is i can run it fine in cpu -33 mode but the minute i set the bios to cpu +0 witch is ddr 400 it locks up after bios. Some times it locks up on boot screen some times it locks up upon harddrive read.Im running a sempron palermo 2600+ for a processor a radeon 9800 pro video card . Is it possible for the motherboard not to support the ram or is it a issue with the mobo cpu combo ? everything runs perfect in 333 mode. I ran memtest86 running in ddr333 mode and got no errors but cannot run in 400 mode to test as the system locks up before program can be ran. My memory is kingston and runs fine in another machine at ddr400 speed.Forgot to mention im running 2 sticks of 512 same brand speed...

ps..Ive searched on google and got 1 similar topic to come up with no resolve they were also running a sempron processor shoud i change to a athlon 64 3000+?

pvp_monster

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
your right i took 1 stick out and now it runs in 400 mode also i noticed it has to be in 1 slot excatly to run in 400 mode weird is there a way to change it so i can run 2 sticks in ddr 400 mode or should i get a gig stick

edit: after getting it running at 400 i played a game and it locked up on the game so i put the other stick back in and turned the ram down to 333 works fine again i dont think its going to run in 400 mode for nothing so im giving up unless some 1 knows how i can fix this

TRENDING THREADS