Scripting login to RemoteDesktop via .RDP file

I'd like to be launch Remote Desktop sessions without requiring the
user (me) to perform password authentication for every session. I have
an service monitor application that lists 200 servers, and I generally
need to remote desktop to as many as 10 at a time. Having to enter the
password into each one is just a pain.

I create an unique RDP file for each server that I'm going to login
to, and call CreateProcess("mstsc.exe TMP12345.rdp 10.20.30.40", ...),
so adding a password field to the RDP file should be no more
complicated than writing the hash function. Obviously MSTSC.exe has a
way to hash a username/password combination into an encrypted
password, so there must be a way for my application to do it.

Note that I only want to ENCRYPT the password, not DECRYPT it. I'm not
a hacker trying to figure out the encryption scheme. I understand that
there are "security considerations" -- but I'm not doing this on W9x,
and I'm not going to keep the files around. I'm the admin on the
system, shouldn't I be able to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

WebCoyote

Why not use the Remote Desktops MMC (tsmmc.msc) that comes with the 2003
Adminpak.msi, which allows you to add as many remote desktop connections as
you like and store the passwords for each connection, so yoou can have on
icon on your desktop, instead of 20.

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
http://www.workthin.com