Sign in with
Your question

i Reformat is but still same and its only 4 months old HD

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 14, 2006 11:54:59 AM

i try to reformat it and still same.Do you think i have enough power to power-up this games? my Hard disk is 160 Gigz. IDE..guys do you think if i buy a better motherboard but the same memory and Processor im going to use do you think it will help the computer to be faster?

mavrick8
Ray John

More about : reformat months

a b U Graphics card
January 14, 2006 12:31:39 PM

GW :?:

Not to be rude, but I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Please give your current system specs. Then someone may be able to help you.

Specifically, What:
motherboard
CPU
RAM
Video Card
Power Supply
OS version
Games you are trying to play
January 14, 2006 5:23:24 PM

my computer spec is 3200+AMD Athlon 64bit processor,Nvidia Geforce 7800GTX PCI-E Graphics Card,1 Gig DDR memory,Creative Audigy2 Sound Card mother board is Gigabyte K8Triton power supply us 450Watts and the OS is Win XP Pro.

MAverick8
Ray John
Related resources
January 14, 2006 5:35:52 PM

What game?

Hard drives are measured in Gb not Ghz. Please restate the question as it makes no sence whatsoever...
January 14, 2006 5:46:54 PM

my computer spec is 3200+AMD Athlon 64bit processor,Nvidia Geforce 7800GTX PCI-E Graphics Card,1 Gig DDR memory,Creative Audigy2 Sound Card mother board is Gigabyte K8Triton power supply us 450Watts and the OS is Win XP Pro,im Playing Microsoft Flight Simulator upgraded version and all has been modified from the original pack.So it means that i all put more add-ons and more higher Graphics Scenery in the Game and the problem is i still experiecing hang-up or the logs if i play that game or anykinds of games,Do i have to upgrade more or do i have to tweak my hardware to make it a Fullthrottle power?by the way my HDD is 160 gig and its an IDE not SATA.Thanks for your help guys..

Maverick8
Ray john
January 14, 2006 5:51:55 PM

I don't want to be mean either but,

this first is not a graphic's card problem, so why is it in the graphic's card category?

We cannot help you if you dont relax and give us specific information and what exactly your problem is.

We need this info really: (The stuff i starred and explained what is missing)

Processor: AMD 3200+ (*) Which core is it?
Video Card: nVidia 7800GTX (*) Which Manufacture is it?
Motherboard: Gigabyte K8 Trition
Power Supply: 450 Watt's (*) Which Manufacture is it?
Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
Memory: 1Gb RAM (*) Which Manufacture is it?
Operating System: Windows XP Professional
Harddrive (*) Everything, size, manufacture, buffer, RPM, interface

Now onto the rest of my post, what exactly seems to be the problem?
i have interpreted it as your system must be running slow/sluggish even with all these higher end parts that have been used.

So you tried to reformat, but it's still sluggish.
Well did you scan for spyware, viruses, malware, adware, and other forms of malicious coding?
have you tired running chkdisk?
have you tried using a different harddrive?
is your harddrive in a raid array?
have you tried running your computer through a memtest86 scan? or prime 95 torcher test?

Edit:

Okay, so you play games with advanced scenery and other things, well at what resolution, what AA or AF, how detailed is it?

Edit again:

When you tell us your pc spec's could you put them into a list, so we don't have to decyphr through the typo's?
January 14, 2006 5:58:03 PM

yes its stil sliuggish i dont know why,i have a norton anti virus 2004 and i never scan the spyware either and i am only a simple computer user and not realy familiar with those software that you said sir.even i have a new formatted hard drive and a OS it is still slow.is there anyway that i can tweak my computer??Thanks

Maverick8
Ray John
January 14, 2006 6:27:07 PM

Your best bet before doing any kind of upgrading would be to do what i said.

- Restart your computer in safe mode.
- Run your Anti-Virus, Although norton sucks it might find something.
- Run a second Anti-Virus, like trend micro housecall or panda active scan.
Panda Active Scan
Trend Micro Housecall
- Next Run some spyware, adware, malware scanners.
Spybot Search And Destroy
Ad-Aware
- Restart your computer normally.

- Provide us with this info in which i ask for, if you don't know how to do what it is i'm asking just ask here or PM me..

- Hijackthis Log: HiJackThis
- A Screenshot of each of the following: Window's task manager process tab, Msconfig Service's tab, Msconfig Startup tab.

Once all that is don'e we should be able to make everything abit faster.

Edit: Once we get this thing up and running right, i have some advice for you.
January 14, 2006 6:40:44 PM

I cant help if I cant decipher what you are saying. Some punctuation and a layout would help.

It would help if you followed the advice that people give, and try the programs people suggest. The more you do to help everyone figure out the problem, the quicker you'll potentially get an answer! I've only been here a while, read some other peoples problems and they got their answers quickest when they followed some advice and people could read what they write.

Quote:
Please restate the question as it makes no sence whatsoever...

Quote:
We need this info really: (The stuff i starred and explained what is missing)

Processor: AMD 3200+ (*) Which core is it?
Video Card: nVidia 7800GTX (*) Which Manufacture is it?
Motherboard: Gigabyte K8 Trition
Power Supply: 450 Watt's (*) Which Manufacture is it?
Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
Memory: 1Gb RAM (*) Which Manufacture is it?
Operating System: Windows XP Professional
Harddrive (*) Everything, size, manufacture, buffer, RPM, interface

Now onto the rest of my post, what exactly seems to be the problem?
i have interpreted it as your system must be running slow/sluggish even with all these higher end parts that have been used.

So you tried to reformat, but it's still sluggish.
Well did you scan for spyware, viruses, malware, adware, and other forms of malicious coding?
have you tired running chkdisk?
have you tried using a different harddrive?
is your harddrive in a raid array?
have you tried running your computer through a memtest86 scan? or prime 95 torcher test?

Edit:

Okay, so you play games with advanced scenery and other things, well at what resolution, what AA or AF, how detailed is it?

Edit again:

When you tell us your pc spec's could you put them into a list, so we don't have to decyphr through the typo's?

Quote:
Your best bet before doing any kind of upgrading would be to do what i said.

Quote:
Restart your computer in safe mode.
- Run your Anti-Virus, Although norton sucks it might find something.
- Run a second Anti-Virus, like trend micro housecall or panda active scan.
Panda Active Scan
Trend Micro Housecall
- Next Run some spyware, adware, malware scanners.
Spybot Search And Destroy
Ad-Aware
- Restart your computer normally.

- Provide us with this info in which i ask for, if you don't know how to do what it is i'm asking just ask here or PM me..

I hate to repost everything that has already been said, but you have to do this stuff otherwise people cant help.

If you dont understand one of these procedures, just ask. They dont bite here.
January 15, 2006 7:46:27 AM

I think maybe you are in the wrong section. I didn't think you were impatient or that hard to understand at all. more the opposite in fact.

if you are patient with this site you will get the help you need. maybe you should repost this as a graphics question, as it seems to me that is more what your problem is. you might have a spyware problem but since you just reformatted your HD it's more likely you have your graphics turned up too high. maybe just try turning off some of your features and/or turning down your resolution.

good luck
a b U Graphics card
January 15, 2006 11:58:35 AM

Did you install the motherboards chipset drivers when you first installed the OS?
!