Sign in with
Your question

A8N-VM CSM onboard audio not recognized

Last response: in Motherboards
January 14, 2006 1:04:40 PM

I have a new A8N-VM CSM with Soundmax onboard audio. Windows does not see any audio hardware at all. When installing the ASUS driver I get the message "The audio driver files do not support your computer hardware." I've tried all the drivers on the ASUS website and checked that Onboard audio is Enabled in the BIOS.

Thanks
Dante
January 14, 2006 2:49:04 PM

Do you have another sound card plugged in?
Try the lastest drivers from Asus

Asus Drivers
January 14, 2006 4:11:12 PM

No, I have no devices except a hard drive and a cd-rom. I tried all the drivers from ASUS. They all give the same message. The soundcard doesn't even show up on device manager, and there are no conflicts.

Thanks
Dante
Related resources
February 1, 2006 12:11:09 PM

Dante, have you figured this out? I have same motherboard with same problem! I've tried the latest drivers etc. Reply!
February 1, 2006 7:59:18 PM

Yes I fixed it. It was a problem with a USB controller driver. This is what I did.

1. checked Device Manager and saw an exclamation next to the USB controller because it was disabled

2. right clicked it and selected Properties, then Enable it. It will ask for the device drivers. Let it find the drivers on the ASUS cd (I don't think the ASUS program installs them properly, so you have to let Windows do it).

3.As soon as the drivers were installed it said the device is working properly, and then immediately a new device appeared in the device manager under System "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio"

4. select properties and enable it. My sound came on immediately and then I installed the SoundMax drivers using the ASUS program on the cd

Hope that helps
Dante
May 8, 2009 3:41:53 AM

Dante said:
Yes I fixed it. It was a problem with a USB controller driver. This is what I did.

1. checked Device Manager and saw an exclamation next to the USB controller because it was disabled

2. right clicked it and selected Properties, then Enable it. It will ask for the device drivers. Let it find the drivers on the ASUS cd (I don't think the ASUS program installs them properly, so you have to let Windows do it).

3.As soon as the drivers were installed it said the device is working properly, and then immediately a new device appeared in the device manager under System "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio"

4. select properties and enable it. My sound came on immediately and then I installed the SoundMax drivers using the ASUS program on the cd

Hope that helps
Dante

Dante,

I am having a problem remarkably similar to the above issue, however, as a result of the fact that I acquired my computer from a roommate, I do not have the original ASUS disk for the motherboard and drivers. I have tried to get the drivers from ASUS' website, but have had some difficulty in determining precisely which ones are necessary vs. those that are dangerous (e.g., BIOS updates) and/or simply superfluous.

Would you be able to give me any advice as to how I should go about trying to get the right USB driver if I do not have the ASUS disk, and can you give me a hyperlink to such a location?

Thanks,

A
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
May 8, 2009 3:51:10 AM

Dogen, you are replying directly to Dante. Dante's post was made on 2-1-2006 more than three years ago. His problem was with a socket 939 MB long since a discontinued socket. On the ASUS website, find your MB's product page and download and install the sound drivers that correspond to the operating system you have installed. If you want help, list your specs and be aware of recalling old threads like this one where the participants have long ago left the forum and trashed their old systems. :hello: 
!