Cut and Paste

Hi all.

I hope you can help, because we are having terrible trouble with our Windows
2003 Terminal Services Servers when our users cut and paste. This happens
when using Office XP Professional, the processor usage rises to 100% for one
user's application.

Are there any patches for any of the products listed above to remedy this,
or can you help us with some advice?

Many thanks in advance
Paul

You may want to look a t a program that prevents any program from dominating
the CPUs on your terminal servers, whether because of a bug in the program,
or because it's actually trying to use all of the CPU time in normal
operation. There are several programs that can do this, and one of them is
free (although it has no GUI). Check out ThreadMaster, TMULimit, Relevos,
TScale or Performance Manager, links here:

http://www.workthin.com/tsao.htm

I'll have to do some googling to see if something shows up for tour specific
problem.

"Paul D" wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I hope you can help, because we are having terrible trouble with our Windows
> 2003 Terminal Services Servers when our users cut and paste. This happens
> when using Office XP Professional, the processor usage rises to 100% for one
> user's application.
>
> Are there any patches for any of the products listed above to remedy this,
> or can you help us with some advice?
>
> Many thanks in advance
> Paul

We use Appsense Application Manager for security but, as we are an
educational charity with few funds, we cannot afford the complete swuite of
their products.
However, Threadmaster sounds great!! Thank you so much for recommending
this.

I have just realised that Office XP SP3 is not installed yet, so I will do
this. However, there doesn't seem to be anything included in any of the
service packs which would relate to this problem.

I'd definitely appreciate it if you found anything more, as I couldn't find
it in google.

Many thanks Patrick

Paul