connect to ts with win98 machine

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
October 21, 2004 3:45:06 PM

What is the best way to connect to terminal services from a win98 machine? Is
their a client for this? I have a win2003 server running TS.

Thanks,
Tom

More about : connect win98 machine

Anonymous
October 21, 2004 6:58:56 PM

The standard rdp client is supported on Windows 98 as well. Download
from:

d48d-426e-96c2-08aa2bd23a49&DisplayLang=en

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

=?Utf-8?B?VG9t?= <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 21 okt
2004 in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

> What is the best way to connect to terminal services from a
> win98 machine? Is their a client for this? I have a win2003
> server running TS.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom
October 22, 2004 1:33:04 PM

Thanks Vera!

I have another question. I have fully customized the "look" of my first
remote user's desktop. What is the best way to create new user desktops that
look exactly the same without having to do each one manually?

Thanks again

Tom

"Vera Noest [MVP]" wrote:

> The standard rdp client is supported on Windows 98 as well. Download
> from:

> d48d-426e-96c2-08aa2bd23a49&DisplayLang=en
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> =?Utf-8?B?VG9t?= <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 21 okt
> 2004 in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:
>
> > What is the best way to connect to terminal services from a
> > win98 machine? Is their a client for this? I have a win2003
> > server running TS.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tom

Anonymous
October 23, 2004 10:31:27 AM

Save the profile that you have created and copy it to the server
as the Default User profile. Make sure that all users have Read +
Execute permissions on the new Default User profile.
All new users will start with a copy of this profile.

--

=?Utf-8?B?VG9t?= <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 22 okt
2004 in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

> Thanks Vera!
>
> I have another question. I have fully customized the "look" of
> my first remote user's desktop. What is the best way to create
> new user desktops that look exactly the same without having to
> do each one manually?
>
> Thanks again
>
> Tom
>

> "Vera Noest [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> The standard rdp client is supported on Windows 98 as well.
>> Download from:
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...
80111f2

!