connections not showing up

Guys,

I have this message on a SBS 2003 server with Terminal services in remote
mode.

"The terminal server has exceeded the maximum number of allowable
connections"

I have checked in terminal services manager and there is nothing but the
console connected. When I reboot I get an error message about other users
connected but I can't see them. I realize that I can only have two
connections but nobody is currently connected. Any help would be
appreciated.

Brad

Have you checked the EventLog?
Could it be that this has nothing to do with Terminal Server
connections?
Maybe you have a limited number of server CALs, and too many users
are making too many connections to the server, for authentication,
file and print services, etc?

Checkin the Licensing applet in Control Panel.

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

"Brad Wilson" <nctarheelfan@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote on 25 okt
2004:

> Guys,
>
> I have this message on a SBS 2003 server with Terminal services
> in remote mode.
>
> "The terminal server has exceeded the maximum number of
> allowable connections"
>
> I have checked in terminal services manager and there is nothing
> but the console connected. When I reboot I get an error message
> about other users connected but I can't see them. I realize
> that I can only have two connections but nobody is currently
> connected. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Brad

Brad

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am in remote admin mode so I don't see as to how this makes a difference.

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <Vera.Noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
> Have you checked the EventLog?
> Could it be that this has nothing to do with Terminal Server
> connections?
> Maybe you have a limited number of server CALs, and too many users
> are making too many connections to the server, for authentication,
> file and print services, etc?
>
> Checkin the Licensing applet in Control Panel.
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> *----------- Please reply in newsgroup -------------*
>
> "Brad Wilson" <nctarheelfan@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote on 25 okt
> 2004:
>
>> Guys,
>>
>> I have this message on a SBS 2003 server with Terminal services
>> in remote mode.
>>
>> "The terminal server has exceeded the maximum number of
>> allowable connections"
>>
>> I have checked in terminal services manager and there is nothing
>> but the console connected. When I reboot I get an error message
>> about other users connected but I can't see them. I realize
>> that I can only have two connections but nobody is currently
>> connected. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Brad

But it does, Brad!
To be able to start a rdp connection in Remote Administration
mode, you must have a server CAL (you do *not* need a TS CAL).