Is Windows XP Service Pack 2 Network Installation same as ..

August 19, 2004 10:37:02 PM

IsWindows XP Service Pack 2 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals
and Developers the same as AU just bigger? I'm having trouble using AU, so if
I install
Windows XP Service Pack 2 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals
and Developers will I get the same thing as if I got it off of AU? This is
just for 1 PC and I have XP home edition. Please answer.
Anonymous
August 20, 2004 1:56:43 AM

Hi,

Yes, it's exactly the same thing. The size difference is because it (the
network version) contains all previously released critical updates whereas
the AU version (also known as the express install) will only contain the
updates identified as not currently installed on your system.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone