Linux ThinStation damaged my computer ?

I am trying to figure out the the most fastest way to power on pc and to
connect to Terminal Services.

I downloaded Linux-based ThinStation from
http://struktur.kemi.dtu.dk/thinstation/download/

With the boot-cd the Linux started to boot normally, but after some 10
seconds it stopped. After some 30s I got tired waiting and re-booted the pc.

Now my pc did not boot at all anymore. Not even bios. It is totally dead.
Nothing works.

Does anyone have similar experience with this Thinstation and/or that url
above ? Is this product safe to use ? Or was it corrupted with some software
that wiped my bios or something like that ?

Damn, I am stupid.

Andre

Well, I am sorry about your PC but really don't believe that Linux is the
cause. I have been working with Linux since day 0 (1993), wrote low level
drivers, fix others and participated actively in the community and well,
never had such problems.

Again, I don't know about ThinStation, I am downloading it right now to see,
but unless they have done some weird things to the kernel to rewrite the
CMOS of your PC, I think it was just a flux.

Again, depending on how hold is your PC you can try to power on while
holding the INS key to bypass the CMOS and boot with factory settings. Check
your computer manual or Google to find out out to do this on your
motherboard.

If I find anything I'll let you know,

Andre

"Voihan Thin" <Nyt.ottaa.aavistuksen@aivoon.net> wrote in message
>I am trying to figure out the the most fastest way to power on pc and to
> connect to Terminal Services.
>
> I downloaded Linux-based ThinStation from
> http://struktur.kemi.dtu.dk/thinstation/download/
>
> With the boot-cd the Linux started to boot normally, but after some 10
> seconds it stopped. After some 30s I got tired waiting and re-booted the
> pc.
>
> Now my pc did not boot at all anymore. Not even bios. It is totally dead.
> Nothing works.
>
> Does anyone have similar experience with this Thinstation and/or that url
> above ? Is this product safe to use ? Or was it corrupted with some
> software
> that wiped my bios or something like that ?
>
> Damn, I am stupid.

Andre

A Quick question, was this an evaluation version?

There is other similar product you can try,

http://www.terminal-services.net

http://www.terminalsoft.net/

they are not bad and easy install

André