Building a LAN BOX! I need tips and info!

VoKuS

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
I am plaing to build a LAN BOX out of my old HP a747c system. I have a 2.8 Ghz P4 HT in it, with 800 fsb. The mobo is an M - ATX so i think it will fit inside a LAN BOX.

I need sugesstions on a LAN BOX, and a good Video Card. I dont need top of the line video card, somewere in the $250 - $350 range.

I also need 1 GB of fast ram, but I dont know what type of ram is good, or fast for gaming, so I need help with the ram selection...

Here is a link to my MOBO specs.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&lc=en&product=435561&lang=en&cc=us&docname=c00196251

I need suggestions on RAM, Vedio Card, and a LAN BOX case. Thx All.

G

LAN box?

What exactly do you want to build?

Redefine please.

Tattysnuc

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Can you please explain what you think a LAN BOX is? I've never heard of one, and the name would suggest that you want a network server.

I'm usually wrong though.....

VoKuS

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
Oh sorry, I dont know if thats the right name for a Small Computer that you take to a LAN PARTY, with your buddies, I thought its called a LAN BOX...

I am sorry if its the wrong name, its just i heard other people say that and i asumed you guys know what it is...

Basicly a pc case that is small for M ATX motherbords...

G

You may take whatever your heart desires to a lan party. If you go there for the gaming fun then take gaming gear with you. If you want the big showoff; do your best and mod as if there were no tomorrow. There's no prerequisites...