uninstalling microsoft XP professional

August 19, 2004 11:24:43 PM

What steps do I need to follow to uninstall Microsoft XP
from my computer? where is the unistall icon in the
program?
Anonymous
August 19, 2004 11:37:03 PM

Hi,

You will have to go for a format of the hard disk after backing the
operating system.
there is no thing called uninstall of a operating system if it is the only
operating system on the computer.

Regards
M. Rajesh
..Net and Windows Shell MVP
www.winxpsolution.com.

"kent stoelting" wrote:

> What steps do I need to follow to uninstall Microsoft XP
> from my computer? where is the unistall icon in the
> program?

Anonymous
August 20, 2004 12:35:17 AM

Greetings --

The normal way to "uninstall" _any_ operating system is to format
the hard drive and install a new OS of your choice.

However, if you performed an upgrade from Win98/Me, elected to
backup the old system files, and didn't convert the partition to NTFS,
then all you need do is boot into Safe Mode and Start > Control Panel
> Add/Remove Programs. All of these conditions _must_ be met for the
uninstall option to be available.

Otherwise:

How to Manually Remove Win XP and Restore Win9x
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q314052

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you: