uninstalling microsoft XP professional

What steps do I need to follow to uninstall Microsoft XP
from my computer? where is the unistall icon in the
program?
2 answers Last reply
More about uninstalling microsoft professional

    Hi,

    You will have to go for a format of the hard disk after backing the
    operating system.
    there is no thing called uninstall of a operating system if it is the only
    operating system on the computer.

    Regards
    M. Rajesh
    ..Net and Windows Shell MVP
    www.winxpsolution.com.

    "kent stoelting" wrote:

    > What steps do I need to follow to uninstall Microsoft XP
    > from my computer? where is the unistall icon in the
    > program?

    Greetings --

    The normal way to "uninstall" _any_ operating system is to format
    the hard drive and install a new OS of your choice.

    However, if you performed an upgrade from Win98/Me, elected to
    backup the old system files, and didn't convert the partition to NTFS,
    then all you need do is boot into Safe Mode and Start > Control Panel
    > Add/Remove Programs. All of these conditions _must_ be met for the
    uninstall option to be available.

    Otherwise:

    How to Manually Remove Win XP and Restore Win9x
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q314052

    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. - RAH

    "kent stoelting" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:985501c4865c$da9445c0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    > What steps do I need to follow to uninstall Microsoft XP
    > from my computer? where is the unistall icon in the
    > program?

Computers Microsoft Windows XP