Client user settings lost on reboot

Hi

Whenever our Terminal Server is restarted all users lose their word/excel
customizations and they must be re-configured. In Word the default view
returns to "Print View" and the lsit of recent documents goes back from 9 to
4.

Can this be controlled by making some changes somehwere?

TIA
KIWI

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks
KIWI

"KIWI" <john_hastie@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Whenever our Terminal Server is restarted all users lose their word/excel
> customizations and they must be re-configured. In Word the default view
> returns to "Print View" and the lsit of recent documents goes back from 9
> to 4.
>
> Can this be controlled by making some changes somehwere?
>
> TIA
> KIWI

Did this happen after the installation of a new server? If so,
check this:

297379 - Programs Can Revert to the Default Settings on Terminal
Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=297379

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"KIWI" <jrhastie@nospamtelus.net> wrote on 23 nov 2004 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

> Does anyone have any ideas on this?
>
> Thanks
> KIWI
>

> "KIWI" <john_hastie@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> Whenever our Terminal Server is restarted all users lose their
>> word/excel customizations and they must be re-configured. In
>> Word the default view returns to "Print View" and the lsit of
>> recent documents goes back from 9 to 4.
>>
>> Can this be controlled by making some changes somehwere?
>>
>> TIA
>> KIWI

Thanks Vera

This is very helpful

Cheers
KIWI

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
> Did this happen after the installation of a new server? If so,
> check this:
>
> 297379 - Programs Can Revert to the Default Settings on Terminal
> Server
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=297379
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> "KIWI" <jrhastie@nospamtelus.net> wrote on 23 nov 2004 in
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:
>
>> Does anyone have any ideas on this?
>>
>> Thanks
>> KIWI
>>

>> "KIWI" <john_hastie@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Whenever our Terminal Server is restarted all users lose their
>>> word/excel customizations and they must be re-configured. In
>>> Word the default view returns to "Print View" and the lsit of
>>> recent documents goes back from 9 to 4.
>>>
>>> Can this be controlled by making some changes somehwere?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>> KIWI