Continuous flow ink systems?

Im totally dumb abt this but how do these things work?

I have an ink jet all in one unit that is seeing a lot of use right
now cause Im taking some college classes and printing a lot of papers.

How can i convert my printer to continuous flow?
5
answers
Last reply
More about continuous flow systems

    me@privacy.net wrote:

    > Im totally dumb abt this but how do these things work?
    >
    > I have an ink jet all in one unit that is seeing a lot of use right
    > now cause Im taking some college classes and printing a lot of papers.
    >
    > How can i convert my printer to continuous flow?

    You should do a Google.com search on terms like "continuous flow inking
    systems" or CIS Inkjet or......

    They have BIG bottles of the inks you use, and they have a plumbing
    system that uses plastic tubing to connect these BIG bottles to the
    inside of your printer.

    The downside is that these BIG bottles are outside your printer so it
    isn't easy to pick up the printer and carry it to another desk. You can
    build a tray that carries the printer and the BIG bottles of ink, and
    that is a little more portable.

    IF you are quite handy, and if you have seen some of these, you can
    build your own.

    There is a Yahoo group that discusses these DIY Do It Yourself inking
    designs, and that is one of the reasons a Google.com search is worthwhile.

    IF you look real hard you can find that Yahoo group.

    I used to be a member. Gave up the idea for doing it for myself, however.

    Get those fingers clicking on those keys, and you'll find out what you
    wannt to know. Not asking and asking others to tell you....

    Jim

    Keepsake gift for young girls.
    Unique and personal one-of-a-kind.
    Builds strong minds 12 ways.
    Guaranteed satisfaction
    - courteous money back
    - keep bonus gifts

    http://www.alicebook.com

    me@privacy.net wrote:

    > Im totally dumb abt this but how do these things work?
    >
    > I have an ink jet all in one unit that is seeing a lot of use right
    > now cause Im taking some college classes and printing a lot of papers.
    >
    > How can i convert my printer to continuous flow?

    I took pity on you.

    Was afraid that your fingers were broken.

    me@privacy.net wrote:

    > Im totally dumb abt this but how do these things work?
    >
    > I have an ink jet all in one unit that is seeing a lot of use right
    > now cause Im taking some college classes and printing a lot of papers.
    >
    > How can i convert my printer to continuous flow?

    There are some shops that will do it for you. They sell the equipment and it
    often comes with conversion instructions too.

    --
    Ben Thomas
    given nor endorsed by it.

    Not easily. I would be surprised you can install a CIS in an "all in
    one". I don't think there is adequate space to do it.

    Not all printer systems are adaptable to CIS, either.

    Basically, in the simplest form, how they work is the cartridge has a
    plastic tube placed through it into each ink chamber. The tube is
    sealed around the hole made in the cartridge. Each tube is then
    inserted into a bottle (external to the printer) of the appropriate ink
    color. In effect, as the ink is used up in the cartridge chamber, it is
    replaced by ink from the tube which is drawing ink from the bottle which
    is external to the printer.

    They are costly, usually more than the printer, the bulk inks can also
    add up, and they can tend to be a bit finicky also. For people going
    through a great deal of ink, the cost is often well worth it, as well as
    the convenience of not having to replace cartridges regularly.
    Some use specially designed cartridges which trick the ink status
    monitors, so you never need to have the heads purged for new cartridges,
    saving more ink still.

    Art

    me@privacy.net wrote:

    > Im totally dumb abt this but how do these things work?
    >
    > I have an ink jet all in one unit that is seeing a lot of use right
    > now cause Im taking some college classes and printing a lot of papers.
    >
    > How can i convert my printer to continuous flow?

    We are working only CISS for HP Business Inkjet Series printers, since we
    have find out after 5-year research that other printers won't fulfill your
    expectations. After 5 - 10k pages and heavy usage, they start to fall a
    part.

    I hope this will help you in your decision.

    --
    Adriatix
    http://adriatix.hr/

    <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > Im totally dumb abt this but how do these things work?
    >
    > I have an ink jet all in one unit that is seeing a lot of use right
    > now cause Im taking some college classes and printing a lot of papers.
    >
    > How can i convert my printer to continuous flow?

Printers College Systems Peripherals