Report: Apple to Unveil iPad Mini in October

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulmat

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
Sad prediction: Apple thinks the nexus 7/galaxy tab 7 look "similar" to the ipad mini, apple sues everyone, apple wins(let's hope not) Rinse and repeat...

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
It is fascinating how all the painstaking R&D that went into making the iPad the perfect size is suddenly rendered irrelevant. Just like how, suddenly, the concepts behind the Windows OS were apparently wrong and what we really wanted all along was just a giant mobile phone screen. I understand the role marketing has in convincing people to buy new things, but they really are getting shameless in how they think we all have "etch-a-sketch" memories. Companies are now beginning to promote "paper billing" as a new way to connect to customers, after shoving paperless billing down our throats.
/end rant

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
It is fascinating how all the painstaking R&D that went into making the iPad the perfect size is suddenly rendered irrelevant. Just like how, suddenly, the concepts behind the Windows OS were apparently wrong and what we really wanted all along was just a giant mobile phone screen. I understand the role marketing has in convincing people to buy new things, but they really are getting shameless in how they think we all have "etch-a-sketch" memories. Companies are now beginning to promote "paper billing" as a new way to connect to customers, after shoving paperless billing down our throats.
/end rant

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
[citation][nom]gulmat[/nom]Sad prediction: Apple thinks the nexus 7/galaxy tab 7 look "similar" to the ipad mini, apple sues everyone, apple wins(let's hope not) Rinse and repeat...[/citation]

The sad part is it will not matter the Nexus 7 and Galaxy Tab 7 where out first. I still wonder how much pressure Apple put on the state of California to make sure the jury ruled in there favor.

The above is speculation but hey when your as rotten a company as apple then its to be expected. All the Apple lovers out there I got one question before you down rate my post. Name one item Apple really invited?

Not something they stole not something they copied, not something they bought the company who designed it out after the fact. Something they truly 100% came up for in house.

Didn't Apple once say the iPad was the perfect size and anything in size between the iPad and iPhone was unnecessary or something of that nature? Apple is the worst company with the best marketing. It's shameful that it works on so many people. I used to simply not like their products, however, now with the Samsung non-sense lawsuits I just despise them as a company. Google needs to release a new Android version that will just toast Apple, and then dub it "Applie Pie". That or Microsoft just has to bring out their boom stick!

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]HotRoderx[/nom] Name one item Apple really invited?[/citation]

I think they really invited the iPhone. ...and it came and brought a host of friends with it.

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Buy a Kindle fire or similar Android tablets. If you want a 10 inch, save for the Surface tablet coming out in October. Don't give Apple your money

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]bllue[/nom]Buy a Kindle fire or similar Android tablets. If you want a 10 inch, save for the Surface tablet coming out in October. Don't give Apple your money[/citation]
Unless like a bazillion people agree with you Apple won't even notice because they'll still be making like a gazillion trazillion dollars.

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
5181866_700b.jpg

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Quick! Google, Samsung, and ASUS get a design patent on 5, 7, and 9 inch tablets. Hey, if Apple can patent the rectangle and steal the concept of slide to unlock from the inventor of the restroom stall then Google, Samsung, and Asus can patent rectangles in the sizes of 5 to 9 inches. Why let just Apple grab up all the obvious patents? The patent system is still the same one that granted Oracle the exclusive ability to range check so I don't see getting patents on smaller tablets to be much of a challenge. Complaining about the patent system doesn't help so let's overwhelm it with stupid crap until it fails!

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]I think they really invited the iPhone. ...and it came and brought a host of friends with it.[/citation]

I am sorry the iPhone is basically a touch screen phone or a Smart Phone depending on how you wanna spin it.

They where not the first company to make a touch screen phone. Unless Steve Job's some how invited a time machine and was able to travel back in time invent the Iphone in 1994 then magically bring it to the present.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-06-29/before-iphone-and-android-came-simon-the-first-smartphone

This would be the first touch screen smart phone.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-06-29/before-iphone-and-android-came-simon-the-first-smartphone

Before a Apple fan boy says the Ipod

I submit this to you
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kane_Kramer

clubsaucekiller

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
[citation][nom]sonofliberty08[/nom]i think i saw the viewsonic viewpad 7 out on the market first[/citation]

The one that made people nauseous if they used it in portrait mode?

mechanus

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
Its a good thing they want to release the iPad mini. It'll give apple customers a wider range of tablet PC sizes to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.