monitor problems

August 20, 2004 1:13:22 AM

My monitor is a bit old but a good Micron from 95. I just
installed Windows XP and the image starts out fine but
then gets so fuzzy I can't do anything.

Anyone have that happen before?

Help.I dont' want to buy a new monitor.

More about : monitor problems

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 20, 2004 2:09:09 AM

You might try going to the web site of your monitor mfg. &
see if there is an update for your monitor for XP.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 20, 2004 11:57:56 AM

Your monitor is 9 years old? You can buy a new, 19 inch CRT for about $250.

"tom" <birch444@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My monitor is a bit old but a good Micron from 95. I just
> installed Windows XP and the image starts out fine but
> then gets so fuzzy I can't do anything.
>
> Anyone have that happen before?
>
> Help.I dont' want to buy a new monitor.

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 20, 2004 5:18:48 PM

> My monitor is a bit old but a good Micron from 95. I just
> installed Windows XP and the image starts out fine but
> then gets so fuzzy I can't do anything.

Fuzzy is a monitor problem, nothing to do with software. You can go buy a
new CRT monitor pretty cheaply these days. Best Buy sells 19" for $150 or
17" for $100 at the moment.

Alternatively you can frequently go to Good Will or a similar thrift shop and
get a used one for $10.

Bill -- (Remove KILLSPAM from my address to use it)
!