monitor problems

My monitor is a bit old but a good Micron from 95. I just
installed Windows XP and the image starts out fine but
then gets so fuzzy I can't do anything.

Anyone have that happen before?

Help.I dont' want to buy a new monitor.
3 answers Last reply
More about monitor problems

    You might try going to the web site of your monitor mfg. &
    see if there is an update for your monitor for XP.

    Your monitor is 9 years old? You can buy a new, 19 inch CRT for about $250.

    "tom" <birch444@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > My monitor is a bit old but a good Micron from 95. I just
    > installed Windows XP and the image starts out fine but
    > then gets so fuzzy I can't do anything.
    >
    > Anyone have that happen before?
    >
    > Help.I dont' want to buy a new monitor.

    > My monitor is a bit old but a good Micron from 95. I just
    > installed Windows XP and the image starts out fine but
    > then gets so fuzzy I can't do anything.

    Fuzzy is a monitor problem, nothing to do with software. You can go buy a
    new CRT monitor pretty cheaply these days. Best Buy sells 19" for $150 or
    17" for $100 at the moment.

    Alternatively you can frequently go to Good Will or a similar thrift shop and
    get a used one for $10.

    Bill -- (Remove KILLSPAM from my address to use it)

Microsoft Monitors Windows XP