System Tray Icons do not appear

Trying to logon to a Win 2000/2003 in a remote computer using TS, some system
tray icons that appear on server desktop do not appear on TS session.

These icons are from programs running as services (SYSTEM account), that
usually can draw their icons normally when logging on server desktop.

I´d like to know if there is any setting we can configure this icons to
appear at each TS session or if this is an issue from TS.
1 answer Last reply
More about system tray icons appear
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    This is by design.
    What you can do when connecting to a 2003 server is to connect to
    the actual console session (session 0). There you will see the
    system tray icons.

    Use mstsc /console to connect to session 0.
    Unfortunately not possible with W2K TS.

    --
    Vera Noest
    MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

    "=?Utf-8?B?TWFyY2VsbyBTYWx2YWRvcg==?=" <Marcelo
    Salvador@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 13 dec 2004:

    > Trying to logon to a Win 2000/2003 in a remote computer using
    > TS, some system tray icons that appear on server desktop do not
    > appear on TS session.
    >
    > These icons are from programs running as services (SYSTEM
    > account), that usually can draw their icons normally when
    > logging on server desktop.
    >
    > I´d like to know if there is any setting we can configure this
    > icons to appear at each TS session or if this is an issue from
    > TS.

Icons Desktops Servers Windows