System Tray Icons do not appear

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
December 13, 2004 8:35:03 AM

Trying to logon to a Win 2000/2003 in a remote computer using TS, some system
tray icons that appear on server desktop do not appear on TS session.

These icons are from programs running as services (SYSTEM account), that
usually can draw their icons normally when logging on server desktop.

I´d like to know if there is any setting we can configure this icons to
appear at each TS session or if this is an issue from TS.

More about : system tray icons

Anonymous
December 13, 2004 9:59:29 AM

This is by design.
What you can do when connecting to a 2003 server is to connect to
the actual console session (session 0). There you will see the
system tray icons.

Use mstsc /console to connect to session 0.
Unfortunately not possible with W2K TS.

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

!