DFI Lanparty SLI-DR USB 2.0 problems...

t33lo

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2005
Hi, i have the DFI Lanparty SLI-DR Mobo and i want to hook up my external hd to it. It says that when I plug it in, "a hi-speed device is plugged into a non hi-speed usb hub". this board has 6usb 2.0 ports, so why is it saying this? The cd that came with the motherboard does not have any usb drivers on it. I am lost

kremer22

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Easy fix. Make sure you have at least Windows SP1 installed. USB 2.0 is not supported without SP1 or 2. After that put the motherboard driver CD in your drive. Next open the device manager (right-click on My computer->properties->hardware->device manager). There should be a USB host with a yellow question mark next to it. Right click on this and select update driver. Allow Windows to automatically search for the driver. It will find the driver on the CD and install it. It will be called Standard Enhanced USB host or something like that. Problem solved.

kremer22

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Not sure why they didn't just include that driver on the main driver install program. Having to manually install that stuff can be frustrating.

jacobmervine

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
some times it install with windows xp some times it doesn't i donno it just depends on how the puter feels when its loading the os lol :D

th3juggl3r

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
Ok so I have the same problem but I son't have the install Cd available. I've spent 2 hours now trying to locate the correct driver on the internet. Any1 help with this one?

andrewjamesgriffin

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009

Hi,

The USB 2.0 driver comes in Windows XP Service Pack 1 and higher. If you have a Service Pack installed you shouldnt need the driver disc that came with your motherboard... just go into Device Manager, find the USB entry with an exclamation against it, right click on it and click 'upodate driver'. Follow the wizard through (just click ok to all the options) and it should set up your USB for you automatically.

Thanks,
Andrew Griffin.

andrewjamesgriffin

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009

Hi,

The USB 2.0 driver comes in Windows XP Service Pack 1 and higher. If you have a Service Pack installed you shouldnt need the driver disc that came with your motherboard... just go into Device Manager, find the USB entry with an exclamation against it, right click on it and click 'upodate driver'. Follow the wizard through (just click ok to all the options) and it should set up your USB for you automatically.

Thanks,
Andrew Griffin.

dabrownhornet99

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
wish it was that simple. i am struck with the usb 2.0 driver issue as well and windows cannot locate a driver for it automatically. i have to try finding this thing somewhere on the net.