Bandwidth

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Hi,
We are evaluating a "cell card" connection (internet) for our laptops
but the provider charges us per MB of bandwidth. So, I need to know how much
bandwidth Terminal Service uses, in other words, once I have an open session
what is the Kbts that are going back and forth.

Thanks.
George.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Depends on many factors: which applications your users are running
on the TS (graphics intensive applications like CAD programs are
bandwidth killers), how much printing is done, etc.

800x600 @16 bit color - 26.4Kbps per session
1024x768 @256 colors - 24.6Kbps per session

each increase in screen resolution or color depth requires about
3-4 Kbps more bandwidth.

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT