How can WinXP boot directly to Citrix Logon Prompt?

I'd like to have a WinXP client boot directly to a citrix logon prompt. I
don't want the machine to give the user the option to logon to the local
machine.

Then, if possible, also have a way for an administrator to bypass this and
enter the WinXP OS.

Thanks for any help,
Joseph

Without hacking the shell you're out of luck. There are plenty of linux
distributions that can do this, which are free, i.e. PXES Universal Thin
Client and Thinstation.

http://www.workthin.com/tsdown.htm

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
http://www.workthin.com

"S.Joseph" wrote:

> I'd like to have a WinXP client boot directly to a citrix logon prompt. I
> don't want the machine to give the user the option to logon to the local
> machine.
>
> Then, if possible, also have a way for an administrator to bypass this and
> enter the WinXP OS.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Joseph

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

How could you hack the shell to accomplish this?

"Patrick Rouse" <PatrickRouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Without hacking the shell you're out of luck. There are plenty of linux
> distributions that can do this, which are free, i.e. PXES Universal Thin
> Client and Thinstation.
>
> http://www.workthin.com/tsdown.htm
>
> Patrick Rouse
> Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
> http://www.workthin.com
>
> "

Never tried, waste of time when there are perfectly good linux distributions
to turn a pc into a thin-client.