Office Licensing on Terminal server?

Hi, just one question, how is Office licensed when used on Terminal Server?
For example, if i want to publish Office apps for 20 users, I have windows
CALS and TS CALS for 20 users, but how is Office licensed? Is it enough to
buy Office for 1 user, or what?
thx
2 answers Last reply
More about office licensing terminal server
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    That would be nice, wouldn't it :-)
    No, Office is licensed per client. You need one license for every
    client that runs Office, be it a local installation or through a TS
    session. So the number of users doesn't matter, you have to check
    on how many workstations these users will run Office.
    Details are here:

    Licensing Microsoft Office in a Windows Terminal Server Environment
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/server/howtobuy/pricing/licens
    office.asp

    --
    Vera Noest
    http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

    "<-- tropski puh -->" <borisp0@lycos.com> wrote on 27 jan 2005 in
    microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

    > Hi, just one question, how is Office licensed when used on
    > Terminal Server? For example, if i want to publish Office apps
    > for 20 users, I have windows CALS and TS CALS for 20 users, but
    > how is Office licensed? Is it enough to buy Office for 1 user,
    > or what? thx
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    Yeah, sure it would! Thank you very much, Vera, for your effort, I've
    already found that article!
    bye,
    boris

    "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
    > That would be nice, wouldn't it :-)
    > No, Office is licensed per client. You need one license for every
    > client that runs Office, be it a local installation or through a TS
    > session. So the number of users doesn't matter, you have to check
    > on how many workstations these users will run Office.
    > Details are here:
    >
    > Licensing Microsoft Office in a Windows Terminal Server Environment
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/server/howtobuy/pricing/licens
    > office.asp
    >
    > --
    > Vera Noest
    > http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
    > --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
    >
    > "<-- tropski puh -->" <borisp0@lycos.com> wrote on 27 jan 2005 in
    > microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:
    >
    >> Hi, just one question, how is Office licensed when used on
    >> Terminal Server? For example, if i want to publish Office apps
    >> for 20 users, I have windows CALS and TS CALS for 20 users, but
    >> how is Office licensed? Is it enough to buy Office for 1 user,
    >> or what? thx

Office Terminal Server Microsoft Windows