Office Licensing on Terminal server?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Hi, just one question, how is Office licensed when used on Terminal Server?
For example, if i want to publish Office apps for 20 users, I have windows
CALS and TS CALS for 20 users, but how is Office licensed? Is it enough to
buy Office for 1 user, or what?
thx

That would be nice, wouldn't it :)
No, Office is licensed per client. You need one license for every
client that runs Office, be it a local installation or through a TS
session. So the number of users doesn't matter, you have to check
on how many workstations these users will run Office.
Details are here:

Licensing Microsoft Office in a Windows Terminal Server Environment
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/server/howtobuy/pricing/licens
office.asp

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"<-- tropski puh -->" <borisp0@lycos.com> wrote on 27 jan 2005 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

> Hi, just one question, how is Office licensed when used on
> Terminal Server? For example, if i want to publish Office apps
> for 20 users, I have windows CALS and TS CALS for 20 users, but
> how is Office licensed? Is it enough to buy Office for 1 user,
> or what? thx

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Yeah, sure it would! Thank you very much, Vera, for your effort, I've
already found that article!
bye,
boris