Closed

How do I reset terminal services session that has not time..

I dial in to my server but get an error saying error 800 unable to establish
connection...... which from past use tells me the previuos session is still
open. How do I reset terminal services to close that old session??

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about reset terminal services session time
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    You can try to kill then session remotely.
    I would configure a time-out limit on idle and disconnected sessions,
    and have them reset automatically, to prevent locking yourself out.

    243202 - Windows 2000 Terminal Services Session Management Tools
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=243202

    --
    Vera Noest
    http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

    "=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=" <steve@hotmail.com> wrote on 03 feb 2005 in
    microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

    > I dial in to my server but get an error saying error 800 unable
    > to establish connection...... which from past use tells me the
    > previuos session is still open. How do I reset terminal services
    > to close that old session??
    >
    > Thanks
  2. REM @echo off
    REM This batch will logout any account or accounts you specifiy.
    REM I designed it to look for a particular user and shut down only
    REM THAT session. REM However, if the user is logged on from
    REM multiple locations it will log those out as well.
    REM Short, sweet and works perfect.

    REM R. Chris Conley <-- no special title or anything
    REM 08/01/2011

    qwinsta | find "USERNAME" > sessions.txt

    For /F %%A in (sessions.txt) do (
    logoff %%A
    )

Terminal Microsoft Windows