Closed

How do I reset terminal services session that has not time..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
February 2, 2005 11:27:02 PM

I dial in to my server but get an error saying error 800 unable to establish
connection...... which from past use tells me the previuos session is still
open. How do I reset terminal services to close that old session??

Thanks
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 5:21:28 PM

You can try to kill then session remotely.
I would configure a time-out limit on idle and disconnected sessions,
and have them reset automatically, to prevent locking yourself out.

243202 - Windows 2000 Terminal Services Session Management Tools
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=243202

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=" <steve@hotmail.com> wrote on 03 feb 2005 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

> I dial in to my server but get an error saying error 800 unable
> to establish connection...... which from past use tells me the
> previuos session is still open. How do I reset terminal services
> to close that old session??
>
> Thanks
August 6, 2012 12:55:07 PM

REM @echo off
REM This batch will logout any account or accounts you specifiy.
REM I designed it to look for a particular user and shut down only
REM THAT session. REM However, if the user is logged on from
REM multiple locations it will log those out as well.
REM Short, sweet and works perfect.

REM R. Chris Conley <-- no special title or anything
REM 08/01/2011

qwinsta | find "USERNAME" > sessions.txt

For /F %%A in (sessions.txt) do (
logoff %%A
)
August 12, 2012 11:36:17 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!