Local Printers Do Not Appear

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
February 7, 2005 10:29:07 AM

Using XP Pro on the Client side and Win2003 Terminal Services, only 3 of 24
users cannot access local printers. These 3 users' printers do no appear at
all during their session. These users were set up the same as all others.
What is my solution. Thank you in advance...
Barry

More about : local printers

Anonymous
February 7, 2005 5:42:59 PM

Probably mismatched printer driver names.
Have you checked the EventLog?

239088 - Windows 2000 Terminal Services Server Logs Events 1111,
1105, and 1106
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=239088

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"=?Utf-8?B?QmFycnkgSGFsbG1hbg==?="
<BarryHallman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 07 feb 2005 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

> Using XP Pro on the Client side and Win2003 Terminal Services,
> only 3 of 24 users cannot access local printers. These 3 users'
> printers do no appear at all during their session. These users
> were set up the same as all others. What is my solution. Thank
> you in advance... Barry
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 9:46:19 AM

you will need to map the not redirected printers to a built-in driver via
user

defined inf file. Please do not install the 3rd party driver, which can
cause

stability problems

Custom INF file may help to run OEM not supported drivers. It maps client
and server side driver and two registry key must be added on the server side
for file name and section name.

1. create INF file - example of CUSTOM.INF file

[OEM Printer Mapping]

“client side driver name ” = “server side driver name”

“your OEM driver name” = “HP DeskJet 710C”

“your OEM driver name” = “HP DeskJet 610C”

"Canon BJC-5000 Series" = "Canon BJC-5100"

"Canon BJC-610 (Raster)" = "Canon Bubble-Jet BJC-610"

2. two reg values for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\...\rdpwd keys added

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal
Server\Wds\rdpwd\PrinterMappingINFName = <exact location of the custom INF
file>

Ex: C:\WINNT\inf\printOEM.inf

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal
Server\Wds\rdpwd\PrinterMappingINFSection = <section name in custom INF
file>

Ex: OEM Printer Mapping

NOTE: both registry values must be “string” type

--
Zenon Pilat (MS)
---

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
> Probably mismatched printer driver names.
> Have you checked the EventLog?
>
> 239088 - Windows 2000 Terminal Services Server Logs Events 1111,
> 1105, and 1106
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=239088
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> "=?Utf-8?B?QmFycnkgSGFsbG1hbg==?="
> <BarryHallman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 07 feb 2005 in
> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:
>
>> Using XP Pro on the Client side and Win2003 Terminal Services,
>> only 3 of 24 users cannot access local printers. These 3 users'
>> printers do no appear at all during their session. These users
>> were set up the same as all others. What is my solution. Thank
>> you in advance... Barry
February 10, 2005 4:29:04 PM

How to know which is the right driver to use instead the one for HP Deskjet
3600 series ?

Regards,

--
Adrián V. Lamas
"Zenon Pilat [MS]" <zenonp@online.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
> you will need to map the not redirected printers to a built-in driver via
> user
>
> defined inf file. Please do not install the 3rd party driver, which can
> cause
>
> stability problems
>

> Custom INF file may help to run OEM not supported drivers. It maps client
> and server side driver and two registry key must be added on the server
side
> for file name and section name.
>
> 1. create INF file - example of CUSTOM.INF file
>
> [OEM Printer Mapping]
>
> "client side driver name " = "server side driver name"
>
> "your OEM driver name" = "HP DeskJet 710C"
>
> "your OEM driver name" = "HP DeskJet 610C"
>
> "Canon BJC-5000 Series" = "Canon BJC-5100"
>
> "Canon BJC-610 (Raster)" = "Canon Bubble-Jet BJC-610"
>

> 2. two reg values for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\...\rdpwd keys added
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal
> Server\Wds\rdpwd\PrinterMappingINFName = <exact location of the custom INF
> file>
>
> Ex: C:\WINNT\inf\printOEM.inf
>

> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal
> Server\Wds\rdpwd\PrinterMappingINFSection = <section name in custom INF
> file>
>
> Ex: OEM Printer Mapping
>

> NOTE: both registry values must be "string" type
>

> --
> Zenon Pilat (MS)
> ---
> ---
>
> "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
> > Probably mismatched printer driver names.
> > Have you checked the EventLog?
> >
> > 239088 - Windows 2000 Terminal Services Server Logs Events 1111,
> > 1105, and 1106
> >
> > --
> > Vera Noest
> > MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
> > http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> > --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
> >
> > "=?Utf-8?B?QmFycnkgSGFsbG1hbg==?="
> > <BarryHallman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 07 feb 2005 in
> > microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:
> >
> >> Using XP Pro on the Client side and Win2003 Terminal Services,
> >> only 3 of 24 users cannot access local printers. These 3 users'
> >> printers do no appear at all during their session. These users
> >> were set up the same as all others. What is my solution. Thank
> >> you in advance... Barry

Anonymous
February 10, 2005 5:34:30 PM

Try the "HP DeskJet 550C" driver.
Here's the best source for printer driver mapping info:
http://www.printingsupport.com/matrix.htm

--

"Adrian Lamas" <adrianlamas@hotmail.com> wrote on 10 feb 2005 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

> How to know which is the right driver to use instead the one for
> HP Deskjet 3600 series ?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Adrián V. Lamas
> "Zenon Pilat [MS]" <zenonp@online.microsoft.com> escribió en el
> mensaje news:u8Ce0zeDFHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> you will need to map the not redirected printers to a built-in
>> driver via user
>>
>> defined inf file. Please do not install the 3rd party driver,
>> which can cause
>>
>> stability problems
>>

>> Custom INF file may help to run OEM not supported drivers. It
>> maps client and server side driver and two registry key must be
>> added on the server
> side
>> for file name and section name.
>>
>> 1. create INF file - example of CUSTOM.INF file
>>
>> [OEM Printer Mapping]
>>
>> "client side driver name " = "server side driver name"
>>
>> "your OEM driver name" = "HP DeskJet 710C"
>>
>> "your OEM driver name" = "HP DeskJet 610C"
>>
>> "Canon BJC-5000 Series" = "Canon BJC-5100"
>>
>> "Canon BJC-610 (Raster)" = "Canon Bubble-Jet BJC-610"
>>

>> 2. two reg values for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\...\rdpwd keys added
>>
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal
>> Server\Wds\rdpwd\PrinterMappingINFName = <exact location of the
>> custom INF file>
>>
>> Ex: C:\WINNT\inf\printOEM.inf
>>

>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal
>> Server\Wds\rdpwd\PrinterMappingINFSection = <section name in
>> custom INF file>
>>
>> Ex: OEM Printer Mapping
>>

>> NOTE: both registry values must be "string" type
>>

>> --
>> Zenon Pilat (MS)
>> ---
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>> confers no rights ---
>>
>> "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote
>> in message
>> > Probably mismatched printer driver names.
>> > Have you checked the EventLog?
>> >
>> > 239088 - Windows 2000 Terminal Services Server Logs Events
>> > 1111, 1105, and 1106
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=239088
>> >
>> > --
>> > Vera Noest
>> > MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
>> > http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
>> > --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>> >
>> > "=?Utf-8?B?QmFycnkgSGFsbG1hbg==?="
>> > <BarryHallman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 07 feb 2005
>> > in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 10:08:05 PM

I have the same problem.

If I conect printer in LPT works. But in USB doesn't work.

What I have to do to can work with USB printer in Terminal Server (using win
2003 server y xp pro)

mensaje news:Xns95F9EFD1A25D7veranoesthemutforsse@207.46.248.16...

!