Local Printers Do Not Appear

Using XP Pro on the Client side and Win2003 Terminal Services, only 3 of 24
users cannot access local printers. These 3 users' printers do no appear at
all during their session. These users were set up the same as all others.
What is my solution. Thank you in advance...
Barry
5 answers Last reply
More about local printers appear
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    Probably mismatched printer driver names.
    Have you checked the EventLog?

    239088 - Windows 2000 Terminal Services Server Logs Events 1111,
    1105, and 1106
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=239088

    --
    Vera Noest
    http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

    "=?Utf-8?B?QmFycnkgSGFsbG1hbg==?="
    <BarryHallman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 07 feb 2005 in
    microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

    > Using XP Pro on the Client side and Win2003 Terminal Services,
    > only 3 of 24 users cannot access local printers. These 3 users'
    > printers do no appear at all during their session. These users
    > were set up the same as all others. What is my solution. Thank
    > you in advance... Barry
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    you will need to map the not redirected printers to a built-in driver via
    user

    defined inf file. Please do not install the 3rd party driver, which can
    cause

    stability problems

    Custom INF file may help to run OEM not supported drivers. It maps client
    and server side driver and two registry key must be added on the server side
    for file name and section name.

    1. create INF file - example of CUSTOM.INF file

    [OEM Printer Mapping]

    “client side driver name ” = “server side driver name”

    “your OEM driver name” = “HP DeskJet 710C”

    “your OEM driver name” = “HP DeskJet 610C”

    "Canon BJC-5000 Series" = "Canon BJC-5100"

    "Canon BJC-610 (Raster)" = "Canon Bubble-Jet BJC-610"

    2. two reg values for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\...\rdpwd keys added

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal
    Server\Wds\rdpwd\PrinterMappingINFName = <exact location of the custom INF
    file>

    Ex: C:\WINNT\inf\printOEM.inf

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal
    Server\Wds\rdpwd\PrinterMappingINFSection = <section name in custom INF
    file>

    Ex: OEM Printer Mapping

    NOTE: both registry values must be “string” type

    --
    Zenon Pilat (MS)
    ---

    "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
    > Probably mismatched printer driver names.
    > Have you checked the EventLog?
    >
    > 239088 - Windows 2000 Terminal Services Server Logs Events 1111,
    > 1105, and 1106
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=239088
    >
    > --
    > Vera Noest
    > http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
    > --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
    >
    > "=?Utf-8?B?QmFycnkgSGFsbG1hbg==?="
    > <BarryHallman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 07 feb 2005 in
    > microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:
    >
    >> Using XP Pro on the Client side and Win2003 Terminal Services,
    >> only 3 of 24 users cannot access local printers. These 3 users'
    >> printers do no appear at all during their session. These users
    >> were set up the same as all others. What is my solution. Thank
    >> you in advance... Barry
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    How to know which is the right driver to use instead the one for HP Deskjet
    3600 series ?

    Regards,

    --
    Adrián V. Lamas
    "Zenon Pilat [MS]" <zenonp@online.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
    > you will need to map the not redirected printers to a built-in driver via
    > user
    >
    > defined inf file. Please do not install the 3rd party driver, which can
    > cause
    >
    > stability problems
    >

    > Custom INF file may help to run OEM not supported drivers. It maps client
    > and server side driver and two registry key must be added on the server
    side
    > for file name and section name.
    >
    > 1. create INF file - example of CUSTOM.INF file
    >
    > [OEM Printer Mapping]
    >
    > "client side driver name " = "server side driver name"
    >
    > "your OEM driver name" = "HP DeskJet 710C"
    >
    > "your OEM driver name" = "HP DeskJet 610C"
    >
    > "Canon BJC-5000 Series" = "Canon BJC-5100"
    >
    > "Canon BJC-610 (Raster)" = "Canon Bubble-Jet BJC-610"
    >

    > 2. two reg values for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\...\rdpwd keys added
    >
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal
    > Server\Wds\rdpwd\PrinterMappingINFName = <exact location of the custom INF
    > file>
    >
    > Ex: C:\WINNT\inf\printOEM.inf
    >

    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal
    > Server\Wds\rdpwd\PrinterMappingINFSection = <section name in custom INF
    > file>
    >
    > Ex: OEM Printer Mapping
    >

    > NOTE: both registry values must be "string" type
    >

    > --
    > Zenon Pilat (MS)
    > ---
    > ---
    >
    > "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote in message
    > > Probably mismatched printer driver names.
    > > Have you checked the EventLog?
    > >
    > > 239088 - Windows 2000 Terminal Services Server Logs Events 1111,
    > > 1105, and 1106
    > >
    > > --
    > > Vera Noest
    > > MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
    > > http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
    > > --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
    > >
    > > "=?Utf-8?B?QmFycnkgSGFsbG1hbg==?="
    > > <BarryHallman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 07 feb 2005 in
    > > microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:
    > >
    > >> Using XP Pro on the Client side and Win2003 Terminal Services,
    > >> only 3 of 24 users cannot access local printers. These 3 users'
    > >> printers do no appear at all during their session. These users
    > >> were set up the same as all others. What is my solution. Thank
    > >> you in advance... Barry

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    Try the "HP DeskJet 550C" driver.
    Here's the best source for printer driver mapping info:
    http://www.printingsupport.com/matrix.htm

    --

    "Adrian Lamas" <adrianlamas@hotmail.com> wrote on 10 feb 2005 in
    microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

    > How to know which is the right driver to use instead the one for
    > HP Deskjet 3600 series ?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > --
    > Adrián V. Lamas
    > "Zenon Pilat [MS]" <zenonp@online.microsoft.com> escribió en el
    > mensaje news:u8Ce0zeDFHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    >> you will need to map the not redirected printers to a built-in
    >> driver via user
    >>
    >> defined inf file. Please do not install the 3rd party driver,
    >> which can cause
    >>
    >> stability problems
    >>

    >> Custom INF file may help to run OEM not supported drivers. It
    >> maps client and server side driver and two registry key must be
    >> added on the server
    > side
    >> for file name and section name.
    >>
    >> 1. create INF file - example of CUSTOM.INF file
    >>
    >> [OEM Printer Mapping]
    >>
    >> "client side driver name " = "server side driver name"
    >>
    >> "your OEM driver name" = "HP DeskJet 710C"
    >>
    >> "your OEM driver name" = "HP DeskJet 610C"
    >>
    >> "Canon BJC-5000 Series" = "Canon BJC-5100"
    >>
    >> "Canon BJC-610 (Raster)" = "Canon Bubble-Jet BJC-610"
    >>

    >> 2. two reg values for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\...\rdpwd keys added
    >>
    >> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal
    >> Server\Wds\rdpwd\PrinterMappingINFName = <exact location of the
    >> custom INF file>
    >>
    >> Ex: C:\WINNT\inf\printOEM.inf
    >>

    >> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal
    >> Server\Wds\rdpwd\PrinterMappingINFSection = <section name in
    >> custom INF file>
    >>
    >> Ex: OEM Printer Mapping
    >>

    >> NOTE: both registry values must be "string" type
    >>

    >> --
    >> Zenon Pilat (MS)
    >> ---
    >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
    >> confers no rights ---
    >>
    >> "Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@remove-this.hem.utfors.se> wrote
    >> in message
    >> > Probably mismatched printer driver names.
    >> > Have you checked the EventLog?
    >> >
    >> > 239088 - Windows 2000 Terminal Services Server Logs Events
    >> > 1111, 1105, and 1106
    >> > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=239088
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Vera Noest
    >> > MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
    >> > http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
    >> > --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
    >> >
    >> > "=?Utf-8?B?QmFycnkgSGFsbG1hbg==?="
    >> > <BarryHallman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 07 feb 2005
    >> > in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    I have the same problem.

    If I conect printer in LPT works. But in USB doesn't work.

    What I have to do to can work with USB printer in Terminal Server (using win
    2003 server y xp pro)

    mensaje news:Xns95F9EFD1A25D7veranoesthemutforsse@207.46.248.16...

Printers Microsoft Windows XP Windows