"Unable to Create Print Driver Output File Map" error

Users with XP Pro logging on to Terminal Services (Server 2003) receive this
error message 4 times whenever they log in. Operation seems file thereafter,
but I'd like to get rid of the error. The only exception is if a member of
the Administrator group logs in. Then there are no error messages. I have
refused to make everyone an administrator equivalent. What can I do to
resolve this error without screwing up the network security. Thanks in
advance for you help.
Barry Hallman
1 answer Last reply
More about unable create print driver output file error
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    The most common tools to use for troubleshooting errors like this are Filemon
    & Regmon from Sysinternals, and the Eventlogs on the TS. While no users are
    logged on, run filemon from the console, and log onto a RDP Session as a
    normal non-admin user, filemon will log all file access requests, denials...
    which youo can review.

    Also check the event log for errors at the time the errors are displayed to
    users.

    Patrick Rouse
    Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
    http://www.workthin.com
    "Barry Hallman" wrote:

    > Users with XP Pro logging on to Terminal Services (Server 2003) receive this
    > error message 4 times whenever they log in. Operation seems file thereafter,
    > but I'd like to get rid of the error. The only exception is if a member of
    > the Administrator group logs in. Then there are no error messages. I have
    > refused to make everyone an administrator equivalent. What can I do to
    > resolve this error without screwing up the network security. Thanks in
    > advance for you help.
    > Barry Hallman

Windows