"Unable to Create Print Driver Output File Map" error

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
February 7, 2005 10:33:01 AM

Users with XP Pro logging on to Terminal Services (Server 2003) receive this
error message 4 times whenever they log in. Operation seems file thereafter,
but I'd like to get rid of the error. The only exception is if a member of
the Administrator group logs in. Then there are no error messages. I have
refused to make everyone an administrator equivalent. What can I do to
resolve this error without screwing up the network security. Thanks in
advance for you help.
Barry Hallman
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 11:21:03 PM

The most common tools to use for troubleshooting errors like this are Filemon
& Regmon from Sysinternals, and the Eventlogs on the TS. While no users are
logged on, run filemon from the console, and log onto a RDP Session as a
normal non-admin user, filemon will log all file access requests, denials...
which youo can review.

Also check the event log for errors at the time the errors are displayed to
users.

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
http://www.workthin.com