Local printer not shown on terminal Server.

We have a local printer (A Brother Multifunction printer) that does not
shown up on the terminal server then we are connecting.

I have tried to install the drivers on the server to see if the terminal
server would connect the printer from the Remote Desktop client, but no.. it
wouldn't..

How can i make this local printer to be (it's local on the computer who
connects), used through the terminal service??

/Jonas

Most Brother MFC printers are NOT terminal services compliant. Your best hope
is to try to map this printer to a LaserJet 4 driver via user defined inf
file.

Instructions here:
http://www.workthin.com/tsp.htm
http://www.workthin.com/printingsupport.com/matrix.htm

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
http://www.workthin.com

"Jonas Haggren" wrote:

> We have a local printer (A Brother Multifunction printer) that does not
> shown up on the terminal server then we are connecting.
>
> I have tried to install the drivers on the server to see if the terminal
> server would connect the printer from the Remote Desktop client, but no.. it
> wouldn't..
>
> How can i make this local printer to be (it's local on the computer who
> connects), used through the terminal service??
>
> /Jonas

There is one more solution using custom INF file and custom mapping:

Please create two registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal
Server\Wds\rdpwd\PrinterMappingINFName = <exact location of the custom INF
file>

Ex: C:\WINNT\inf\printOEM.inf

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal
Server\Wds\rdpwd\PrinterMappingINFSection = <section name in custom INF
file>

Ex: OEM Printer Mapping

NOTE: both registry values must be “string” type

For this above example you custom INF file should be Named:
“printOEM.inf”

Located in: “C:\WINNT\inf\”

section title: “[OEM Printer Mapping]”

inside the file:

[OEM Printer Mapping]

“client side driver name ” = “server side driver name”

“your OEM driver name” = “HP LaserJet 4”

“your OEM driver name” = “your OEM driver if it is capable to
install”

--
Zenon Pilat (MS)
---