Logon scripts

Apologies if this is a known issue or stupid question, but I'm under the gun
and haven't yet found a procedure that works...

I have a MetaFrame XP server running on Server 2003 that clients in another
domain in our enterprise need to access. This domain is a child domain of
the forest root that we share (or, of which we are children).

I have created an account in the remote domain and verified that it can
connect to the MetaFrame server via the local RDP group, but for some reason
the logon process never runs the logon script assigned to that account. The
logon script is set in the user profile in the remote domain, not in the
target domain.

Any suggestions?

Muchas gracias, amigos.

Richard

Either the logon script cannot be found, or the user has no
permissions to read it.
Try running the script interactively, after logging, using the
*exact* same search path to the login script as defined in the user
account. I bet you either get a "file not found" error, or an
"access denied" error.

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"=?Utf-8?B?cmljaGFyZHNvdXRod29vZA==?="
<richardsouthwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 18 feb 2005
in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

> Apologies if this is a known issue or stupid question, but I'm
> under the gun and haven't yet found a procedure that works...
>
> I have a MetaFrame XP server running on Server 2003 that clients
> in another domain in our enterprise need to access. This domain
> is a child domain of the forest root that we share (or, of which
> we are children).
>
> I have created an account in the remote domain and verified that
> it can connect to the MetaFrame server via the local RDP group,
> but for some reason the logon process never runs the logon
> script assigned to that account. The logon script is set in the
> user profile in the remote domain, not in the target domain.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Muchas gracias, amigos.
>
> Richard

Vera,

I think you're right about rights issues, because when I try to browse back
to the domain that the user account actually resides in I get an "access
denied" message, so there's no chance of the script running.

Thanks for your help!

Richard