Sign in with
Your question

Is it possible to watch TV and game with the same computer?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • TV
  • Games
  • Computer
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 15, 2006 8:20:23 PM

I've just started shopping around for a new graphics card to replace my onboard card so that I can play the games I love that require a much better card (Battle Field 2) The problem is I have a TV tuner in with my current on board card and that is something im not willing to give up. I’ve noticed while shopping around there aren't very many cards that are esp. good for gaming that have a TV tuner. Other then giving up TV on my PC does anyone have suggestions on alternative solutions?

More about : watch game computer

January 15, 2006 8:57:40 PM

Or buy a seperate tv tuner card.
January 15, 2006 9:11:51 PM

yes buy a seperate card, correct me if im wrong but if you want to do both at the same time dont your need a monitor that supports picture in picture?
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 16, 2006 1:23:35 PM

"yes buy a seperate card, correct me if im wrong but if you want to do both at the same time dont your need a monitor that supports picture in picture?"

He didnt say he wanted both at the same time..(not possible anyway)

Just wanted both, ability to game, and watch tv...
:-)
January 16, 2006 1:28:42 PM

Quote:
He didnt say he wanted both at the same time..(not possible anyway)

no its possible alright, even if you set up two monitors. were i work we where selling LCD tvs 32inch widescreen which suppported the watching of tv on one half of the screen and computer on the other. sure its picture in picture or something like that.

probs need a dual core to do it at the same time anyway so just ignore me im just letting you know its possible.
January 16, 2006 1:57:37 PM

My Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" LCD monitor has built in picture-in-picture and it's AWESOME. I always have cable tv/dvds playing in the corner of the screen. You just plug in a RCA feed from a VCR or whatever and watch what you want. You can watch when computer is off and when on it doesn't effect the computer at all....because it's built into and controlled by the monitor and not the computer. Like I said, I LOVE it. With a 24" screen you have it playing an still have tons of room to work/game.
Related resources
!