Remote Desktop Data Encryption Error

I am getting kicker off of Remote Desktop Frequently with the following error
message from a XP Pro SP2 Workstation while accessing accessing Windows 2003
Server.

Remote Desktop Disconnected
Because of an error in data encryption, this session will end.
Please try connection to the remote server."

I was using RD ver 5.1.2600.2180 then upgraded to RD 5.2.3790.0

Made registry modification as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323497
as recommended to me in another post.

I only showed 1 'Certificate' entry from in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TermService\Parameters
I removed it as instructed and re-booted the server.

Still getting kicked off RD.

Thanks - Jody
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop data encryption error
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    5.2.3790 is not an upgrade from 5.1.2600.2180, as 5.1.2600.2180 was delivered
    as part of XP SP2, and 5.2.3790 was part of Server 2003, which as released
    before XPSP2. They just carry the build numbers of the OS.

    "Jody" wrote:

    > I am getting kicker off of Remote Desktop Frequently with the following error
    > message from a XP Pro SP2 Workstation while accessing accessing Windows 2003
    > Server.
    >
    > Remote Desktop Disconnected
    > Because of an error in data encryption, this session will end.
    > Please try connection to the remote server."
    >
    > I was using RD ver 5.1.2600.2180 then upgraded to RD 5.2.3790.0
    >
    > Made registry modification as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323497
    > as recommended to me in another post.
    >
    > I only showed 1 'Certificate' entry from in
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TermService\Parameters
    > I removed it as instructed and re-booted the server.
    >
    > Still getting kicked off RD.
    >
    > Thanks - Jody

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    Thank you Patrick for that point of clarification. Do you have any ideas on
    why I am being kicked off?

    "Patrick Rouse" wrote:

    > 5.2.3790 is not an upgrade from 5.1.2600.2180, as 5.1.2600.2180 was delivered
    > as part of XP SP2, and 5.2.3790 was part of Server 2003, which as released
    > before XPSP2. They just carry the build numbers of the OS.
    >
    > "Jody" wrote:
    >
    > > I am getting kicker off of Remote Desktop Frequently with the following error
    > > message from a XP Pro SP2 Workstation while accessing accessing Windows 2003
    > > Server.
    > >
    > > Remote Desktop Disconnected
    > > Because of an error in data encryption, this session will end.
    > > Please try connection to the remote server."
    > >
    > > I was using RD ver 5.1.2600.2180 then upgraded to RD 5.2.3790.0
    > >
    > > Made registry modification as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323497
    > > as recommended to me in another post.
    > >
    > > I only showed 1 'Certificate' entry from in
    > > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TermService\Parameters
    > > I removed it as instructed and re-booted the server.
    > >
    > > Still getting kicked off RD.
    > >
    > > Thanks - Jody

Remote Desktop Encryption Servers Windows