can't logon to TS, no rights

Hello,

I installed a win2003 domain, and TS on the same server. When i try to logon
to the ts with a client, I get the message that I don't have the right to
log on to that system. The client is a member of the domain users & remote
desktopusers, i think that is enough, but it aint, can anyone tell me what I
have to do to let the client logon to the ts.

Tx. for any help.

arman

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2004

make sure the user account in active directory the "allow logon to terminal
server" is checked

"nico" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I installed a win2003 domain, and TS on the same server. When i try to logon
> to the ts with a client, I get the message that I don't have the right to
> log on to that system. The client is a member of the domain users & remote
> desktopusers, i think that is enough, but it aint, can anyone tell me what I
> have to do to let the client logon to the ts.
>
> Tx. for any help.

Hello Nico,

You must also verify if you have installed the licences for TS clients.

Regards.
Arnaud.
"nico" <nico@nospam.pcvo-meetjesland.be> a écrit dans le message de news:
eMjURK$HFHA.3588@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> I installed a win2003 domain, and TS on the same server. When i try to
> logon
> to the ts with a client, I get the message that I don't have the right to
> log on to that system. The client is a member of the domain users & remote
> desktopusers, i think that is enough, but it aint, can anyone tell me what
> have to do to let the client logon to the ts.
>
> Tx. for any help.

That is true in itself, but not the cause of the current problem,
since a licensing problem doesn't give a permission error message.

Nico, is this TS a Domain Controller? That is *not* recommended,
for security and performance reasons.
You will have to give your users the "log on locally" user right,
in the Default Domain Controller Policy.

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"Arnaud PAIN" <arpain@tiscali.fr> wrote on 12 apr 2005 in
microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client: