Gigabyte Launches Flagship Z77X-UP7 Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulutech

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
I use the previous version of this mother board to OC my 2600k to 5ghz stable, it's awesome. Gigabyte sells some really really nice products ^_^

[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Ever heard of a case?[/citation]
It's look pretty nice in a high end orange cougar case with cougar fans(which are famous for generally being orange and of course black plastic)

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]zulutech[/nom]I use the previous version of this mother board to OC my 2600k to 5ghz stable, it's awesome. Gigabyte sells some really really nice products ^_^[/citation]

What board is this? Settings?
I have a z68x-UD7-B3 and a 2600k. I'm no o/c wiz. I can get to about 4.2GHz running prime95 without a BSOD. Any higher, and a crash within seconds. I've run the vcore up to around 1.39v, but am fearful of going higher due to electron migration (processor damage) hazards.

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]Orange color = NO![/citation]
There actually isn't that much Orange on the board! The image looks so orange cause of all the orange text.. The board itself has little more than 2 orange memory slots and 4 orange PCIE x16 slots. Most of these will be covered up once you have a couple of graphics cards and memory installed!

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]hellfire24[/nom]expensive[/citation]

Gigabyte makes some of the best Mobos out there. I do not recall ever having problems with one.

Like Ferrari, Porsche or Mercedes.... Power and/or Quality come at a price.

Dangi

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Gigabyte makes some of the best Mobos out there. I do not recall ever having problems with one.Like Ferrari, Porsche or Mercedes.... Power and/or Quality come at a price.[/citation]

Yeah like the Ferrari 458 Italia, that burn itslef to the ground

But yeah 32+3+2 is a bit crazy, and I would love to see that i7 reaching 7Ghz and being in the top of CPU-Z ranking

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Dangi[/nom]Yeah like the Ferrari 458 Italia, that burn itslef to the groundBut yeah 32+3+2 is a bit crazy, and I would love to see that i7 reaching 7Ghz and being in the top of CPU-Z ranking[/citation]

Your first concern would be getting a liquid-nitrogen system...

Dangi

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Your first concern would be getting a liquid-nitrogen system...[/citation]

That's what the article states 7+Ghz OC, though Crosshair V Formula is the mobo that holds the OC record as CPU-Z says http://valid.canardpc.com/records.php, while only having Extreme Engine Digi+ :- 8 + 2 phase power design, sure is different architecture, but if BD can reach 8.7Ghz with 8+2, what could achieve i7 with 32+3+2, more stability is a given but 8Ghz ?? I doubt that

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]master_chen[/nom]LOL, it's even uglier than that G1 "Killer Assassin 2" trash. Just shows that there's no end to the level of Gigabyte's stupidity.[/citation]
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]Orange color = NO![/citation]
As AS Roma fan I must say it's shame that PCB isn't red. De gustibus non est disputandum.

Status
Not open for further replies.