Stupid Question

I have been using Linux Terminal Server in my school lab environment. I
like most of it but not other stuff about it. I am considering
switching to a Windows Terminal Server environment but only if I can get
that to work.

Right now I have a screaming fast Linux Server with terminal services
I have completely dumb terminals with nothing more than video card nic
and minimal memory, plus on board sound card that doesn't work with Linux.

I want the same dumb terminals to work with Windows terminal server.
Right now they boot up with pxe off their nics, and the terminal server
offers up the os and all apps

I took a cheap box with hard drive etc and 256 MB ram. I loaded it with
a copy of Windows 2000 server, with terminal services etc, and am trying
to boot my thin clients into it. All I can get them to do is get an IP
from the Windows DHCP server.

What do you have to do to connect a truly dumb terminal up to Windows
Terminal services and get an OS/desktop going?

Thanks in advance

You'd need to run a TFTP server on your network and setup an image for the
thin-clients to download. Check here for more info:

http://pxes.sourceforge.net/howtos/ms_only_environment/index.html

http://pxes.sourceforge.net/

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server