Remote Desktop Disconnected

Jody

Does anyone know how to resolve this eror messge that keeps kicking me off my
connection to my server?

"Remote Desktop Disconnected
Because of an error in data encryption, this session will end.
Please try connection to the remote server."

Thanks - Jody

Try this:

323497 - Error Message: The RDP Protocol Component "DATA ENCRYPTION"
Detected an Error...
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323497

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"=?Utf-8?B?Sm9keQ==?=" <Jody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on
08 mar 2005 in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

> Does anyone know how to resolve this eror messge that keeps
> kicking me off my connection to my server?
>
> "Remote Desktop Disconnected
> Because of an error in data encryption, this session will end.
> Please try connection to the remote server."
>
> Thanks - Jody

Jody

Hi Vera,

I tried that from another message you responded to a couple of weeks ago. I
guess my reply got lost in all the other messages. Sadly this article did
not solve the problem. I removed the only reg entry for the Certificate
first on the server. When that did not solve the problem, I removed the same
entry on my workstaiont. I am still getting kicked off fairly regullarly.

"Vera Noest [MVP]" wrote:

> Try this:
>
> 323497 - Error Message: The RDP Protocol Component "DATA ENCRYPTION"
> Detected an Error...
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323497
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> "=?Utf-8?B?Sm9keQ==?=" <Jody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on
> 08 mar 2005 in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:
>
> > Does anyone know how to resolve this eror messge that keeps
> > kicking me off my connection to my server?
> >
> > "Remote Desktop Disconnected
> > Because of an error in data encryption, this session will end.
> > Please try connection to the remote server."
> >
> > Thanks - Jody

Does this happen from one single client, and all other clients can
connect without problems?
Do you have several different servers that you connect to? If so,
does it happen with one single server, or several?

Have you checked the security settings for the rdp-tcp connection
on both the client and the server?
How are you connecting, over a LAN or WAN?

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"=?Utf-8?B?Sm9keQ==?=" <Jody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on
09 mar 2005 in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

> Hi Vera,
>
> I tried that from another message you responded to a couple of
> weeks ago. I guess my reply got lost in all the other messages.
> Sadly this article did not solve the problem. I removed the
> only reg entry for the Certificate first on the server. When
> that did not solve the problem, I removed the same entry on my
> workstaiont. I am still getting kicked off fairly regullarly.
>

> "Vera Noest [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Try this:
>>
>> 323497 - Error Message: The RDP Protocol Component "DATA
>> ENCRYPTION" Detected an Error...
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323497
>>
>> --
>> Vera Noest
>> MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
>> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
>> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>>
>> "=?Utf-8?B?Sm9keQ==?=" <Jody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> on 08 mar 2005 in
>> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:
>>
>> > Does anyone know how to resolve this eror messge that keeps
>> > kicking me off my connection to my server?
>> >
>> > "Remote Desktop Disconnected
>> > Because of an error in data encryption, this session will
>> > end. Please try connection to the remote server."
>> >
>> > Thanks - Jody

Jody

Hi Vera,

1. Only have been doing RD from 1 client. Not practical to work on another
machine since it doesn't always happen.

2. I have logged into two other 2003 servers, not as frequently, but I do
not seem to have the problem with them, which appears to eliminate the client.

3. Not sure how or where to check the security settings for RDT-TCP.
Perhaps you might direct me to the location and what I should be looking for?

4. I am connecting to the remote server through my LAN via a broadband/cable
connection. I have an older single port LinkSys Router with the default
configuration, no ports blocked. I am also running NIS 2005. I am fairly
certian that I can eliminate the Router and NIS since I seem to consistantly
connect to the other two servers in the same manner without incident.

You help is very appreciated!
Thanks - Jody

"Vera Noest [MVP]" wrote:

> Does this happen from one single client, and all other clients can
> connect without problems?
> Do you have several different servers that you connect to? If so,
> does it happen with one single server, or several?
>
> Have you checked the security settings for the rdp-tcp connection
> on both the client and the server?
> How are you connecting, over a LAN or WAN?
>
> --
> Vera Noest
> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>
> "=?Utf-8?B?Sm9keQ==?=" <Jody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on
> 09 mar 2005 in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:
>
> > Hi Vera,
> >
> > I tried that from another message you responded to a couple of
> > weeks ago. I guess my reply got lost in all the other messages.
> > Sadly this article did not solve the problem. I removed the
> > only reg entry for the Certificate first on the server. When
> > that did not solve the problem, I removed the same entry on my
> > workstaiont. I am still getting kicked off fairly regullarly.
> >

> > "Vera Noest [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Try this:
> >>
> >> 323497 - Error Message: The RDP Protocol Component "DATA
> >> ENCRYPTION" Detected an Error...
> >>
> >> --
> >> Vera Noest
> >> MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
> >> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
> >> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
> >>
> >> "=?Utf-8?B?Sm9keQ==?=" <Jody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> >> on 08 mar 2005 in
> >> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

Aaaah, think I've found it: your LinkSys router. You have to update
the firmware.
This is from a previous post that I saved just for occasions like
this:

=== old saved post, you never know when you need them :) ==
Actually what happened was that I had .6 of the firmware, from June
24th. If you check out Linksys's site for firmware downloads and my
router (BEFSR41) then you'll see the latest version is labeled June
24th, but .7 (which I missed the first time, I only compared dates
not versions). .7 was actually released July 31st, and that
"updated UPnP problems", which also fixed my problem.

> I receive this error and then a disconnection of RD.
> Linksys router, port 3389 is forwarded (UPnP forwarded),
> and the OS is Windows Server 2003
>
> Because of an error in data encryption, this session
> will end. Please try connecting to the remote computer again.

Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"=?Utf-8?B?Sm9keQ==?=" <Jody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on
10 mar 2005 in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

> Hi Vera,
>
> 1. Only have been doing RD from 1 client. Not practical to work
> on another machine since it doesn't always happen.
>
> 2. I have logged into two other 2003 servers, not as frequently,
> but I do not seem to have the problem with them, which appears
> to eliminate the client.
>
> 3. Not sure how or where to check the security settings for
> RDT-TCP. Perhaps you might direct me to the location and what I
> should be looking for?
>
> 4. I am connecting to the remote server through my LAN via a
> broadband/cable connection. I have an older single port LinkSys
> Router with the default configuration, no ports blocked. I am
> also running NIS 2005. I am fairly certian that I can
> eliminate the Router and NIS since I seem to consistantly
> connect to the other two servers in the same manner without
> incident.
>
> You help is very appreciated!
> Thanks - Jody
>
> "Vera Noest [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Does this happen from one single client, and all other clients
>> can connect without problems?
>> Do you have several different servers that you connect to? If
>> so, does it happen with one single server, or several?
>>
>> Have you checked the security settings for the rdp-tcp
>> connection on both the client and the server?
>> How are you connecting, over a LAN or WAN?
>>
>> --
>> Vera Noest
>> MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
>> http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
>> --- please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ---
>>
>> "=?Utf-8?B?Sm9keQ==?=" <Jody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> on 09 mar 2005 in
>> microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:
>>
>> > Hi Vera,
>> >
>> > I tried that from another message you responded to a couple
>> > of weeks ago. I guess my reply got lost in all the other
>> > messages. Sadly this article did not solve the problem. I
>> > removed the only reg entry for the Certificate first on the
>> > server. When that did not solve the problem, I removed the
>> > same entry on my workstaiont. I am still getting kicked off
>> > fairly regullarly.

Jody

I will check into a firware update. I however am wondering why I only have
this issue with one server and not the others if it was my router? Also my
router model is BEFSR11 not the one mentioned.

TRENDING THREADS