I can not print in ts with Xerox WC M15

I have a windows 2000 server with terminal server , the clients have a XEROX
WC M15 printer installed locally, in the sesion their can print the tes page
but their can not print from any aplication in the session. I dont know if
this model of printer has compatibility with terminal server, somebody
knows?. the client has windows xp pro. If somebody can help me. Thanks for
your replies.

Mike

There is absolutely no guarantee that every printer will work on TS. The
only ones that are, are the ones that have a built-in driver. Many printers
that are PCL3 compatible can be mapped to a printer such as a LaserJet 4.

There is a list of tested printer mappings here:
http://www.printingsupport.com/matrix.htm

The only drivers I see on Xerox website for this printer are PCL6 drivers,
which aren't very stable for use on Terminal Server.

http://www.support.xerox.com/go/results.asp?Xtype=download&prodID=WC_M15&Xlang=en_US&Xcntry=USA&prodName=WorkCentre%20M15

Printing help here:
http://www.workthin.com/tsp.htm

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
http://www.workthin.com

"Miguel Marín Reyna" wrote:

> I have a windows 2000 server with terminal server , the clients have a XEROX
> WC M15 printer installed locally, in the sesion their can print the tes page
> but their can not print from any aplication in the session. I dont know if
> this model of printer has compatibility with terminal server, somebody
> knows?. the client has windows xp pro. If somebody can help me. Thanks for
> your replies.
>
> Mike

Thank you Patrick Rouse, your reply was very useful, it clarified my doubts,
thanks a lot.

"Patrick Rouse" wrote:

> There is absolutely no guarantee that every printer will work on TS. The
> only ones that are, are the ones that have a built-in driver. Many printers
> that are PCL3 compatible can be mapped to a printer such as a LaserJet 4.
>
> There is a list of tested printer mappings here:
> http://www.printingsupport.com/matrix.htm
>
> The only drivers I see on Xerox website for this printer are PCL6 drivers,
> which aren't very stable for use on Terminal Server.
>
> http://www.support.xerox.com/go/results.asp?Xtype=download&prodID=WC_M15&Xlang=en_US&Xcntry=USA&prodName=WorkCentre%20M15
>
> Printing help here:
> http://www.workthin.com/tsp.htm
>
> Patrick Rouse
> Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
> http://www.workthin.com
>
> "Miguel Marín Reyna" wrote:
>
> > I have a windows 2000 server with terminal server , the clients have a XEROX
> > WC M15 printer installed locally, in the sesion their can print the tes page
> > but their can not print from any aplication in the session. I dont know if
> > this model of printer has compatibility with terminal server, somebody
> > knows?. the client has windows xp pro. If somebody can help me. Thanks for
> > your replies.
> >
> > Mike

TRENDING THREADS