Transparent login from windows2000

bbN

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2004

Hello!

A customer of our have a windows2000 client wich is an domainmember.
They use it to connect to a terminal server only.
Now they want us to set it up so they don't have to login in twice , both to
their domain and the terminalserver.
It is not nessecary for the client to be a domainmember.
Anyone who have an idea of how to set this up ?

The ultimate solution would be only have the loginscreen for the
terminalserver after booting up. And when logging off user from the
terminalserver , they would be logged out locally as well , so they are not
stucked in the win2000 enviroment.
Any tips, links or complete solutions would be appreciated. :)

/bbn

Sounds like you want to turn their local computer into a thin client, so all
they have is the option to logon to the TS. If this is true, you can find
some solutions that will turn your PCs into thin-clients here (the first two
listed under Software Thin Clients are free):

http://www.workthin.com/thinclient.htm

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
http://www.workthin.com

"bbn" wrote:

> Hello!
>
> A customer of our have a windows2000 client wich is an domainmember.
> They use it to connect to a terminal server only.
> Now they want us to set it up so they don't have to login in twice , both to
> their domain and the terminalserver.
> It is not nessecary for the client to be a domainmember.
> Anyone who have an idea of how to set this up ?
>
> The ultimate solution would be only have the loginscreen for the
> terminalserver after booting up. And when logging off user from the
> terminalserver , they would be logged out locally as well , so they are not
> stucked in the win2000 enviroment.
> Any tips, links or complete solutions would be appreciated. :)
>
> /bbn

bbN

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2004

"Patrick Rouse" <PatrickRouse@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Sounds like you want to turn their local computer into a thin client, so
> all
> they have is the option to logon to the TS. If this is true, you can find
> some solutions that will turn your PCs into thin-clients here (the first
> two
> listed under Software Thin Clients are free):
>
> http://www.workthin.com/thinclient.htm

Thanks for the tips I'll check them out

/bbn