NT4 and 2003 Terminal printing problems

Erik

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Hi!

I have an annoying problem with 203 Terminal Server.

When I try to connect with a Windows 2000 or XP client, I'm able to view and
use my local printer.

When I connect with an Windows NT WS, the printer does not appear. I tryed
using several accounts... with no results.

The event viewer does not show nothig.... only an error about 'kernel
drivers' solved changind printer policy in policy editor.

Any idea ?

Thanks a lot....

Erik

Is the printer installed on client running NT4 WS using in-box or OEM
driver?
Do you have SP6 installed on the NT4 client?
You may try to upgrade mstsc.exe to 5.2 version

--
Zenon Pilat (MS)
---

"Erik" <erikonweb(@)libero.it> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I have an annoying problem with 203 Terminal Server.
>
> When I try to connect with a Windows 2000 or XP client, I'm able to view
> and use my local printer.
>
> When I connect with an Windows NT WS, the printer does not appear. I tryed
> using several accounts... with no results.
>
> The event viewer does not show nothig.... only an error about 'kernel
> drivers' solved changind printer policy in policy editor.
>
> Any idea ?
>
> Thanks a lot....
>
> Erik

Erik

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Found the problem: Panda Antivirus Suite.

Uninstalled the software and the printers correctly connected...... maybe a
problem e/o incompatibility with NT.....

Thanks.

Erik

"Zenon Pilat [MS]" <zenonp@online.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Is the printer installed on client running NT4 WS using in-box or OEM
> driver?
> Do you have SP6 installed on the NT4 client?
> You may try to upgrade mstsc.exe to 5.2 version
>
> --
> Zenon Pilat (MS)
> ---
> ---