Shockwave and Flash player won't work for users

Setting up a terminal server 2003. Administrators can use shockwave and flash
but regular users cannot. They get done, but with errors at the bottom on any
page that has shockwave or flash on it. There are policies in place.
Everything works fine on a regular networked computer but not in a terminal
session.

I've tried to set the server to relaxed security which didn't help. I've set
the local (Terminal Server) policy IE security settings to Medium which
didn't help. I've removed the enhanced security settings for IE (Server 2003)
which didn't help.

It must have something to do with permissions but I can't figure out whether
it's IE settings, registry security or file security.

Any ideas?

“The game of life is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor
hand well." Unknown

1. Uninstall Shockwave & Flash
2. Logon as a new administrative user, i.e. one you just created that
doesn't have a current profile.
3. Start -> Run -> cmd -> change user /install
4. Go to macromedia.com and install the programs
5. Start -> Run -> cmd -> change user /execute

Unless you've improperly locked down the system, this should solve your
problem.

If you don't have a business need for Shockwave, I wouldn't install it. The
only thing I know it's used for is silly games, which will hammer the CPU and
use a lot of bandwidth.

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
http://www.workthin.com