Sign in with
Your question

No second monitor in BootCamp with Windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
March 19, 2011 3:18:34 PM

Hello,

After reformatting both my MAC and BootCamp partitions, I installed Windows 7 in the PC partition. Now the MAC side will recognize the 2nd monitor, but the PC side does not. It did before running XP. Called Microsoft who recommended I download new NVIDIA driver. I downloaded NVIDIA's 266.58_desktop_win7_winvista_32bit_english_whql.exe which was supposed to work with XP, Vista and Windows 7, but the computer would not accept it. Any suggestions?

John
June 4, 2011 1:50:12 PM

johnf47 said:
Hello,

After reformatting both my MAC and BootCamp partitions, I installed Windows 7 in the PC partition. Now the MAC side will recognize the 2nd monitor, but the PC side does not. It did before running XP. Called Microsoft who recommended I download new NVIDIA driver. I downloaded NVIDIA's 266.58_desktop_win7_winvista_32bit_english_whql.exe which was supposed to work with XP, Vista and Windows 7, but the computer would not accept it. Any suggestions?

John

Having the same problem... I've been reading a lot about this and nothing solved my problem... now that you sad that windows XP works I'm thinking about installing XP.
November 27, 2013 12:03:56 AM

Same problem here, except that mine is with Windows 7 on a Mac Mini using the HDMI port.
!