Remote Access VPN

I currently have a couple of computers running 24/7. Some are W2k and
others are WinXP Pro. I'm interested in setting up a remote access VPN
so I can remotely access my data on my computers from my laptop from
somewhere else outside the network via Internet. I'm not that familiar
with the technical aspects of VPN but I know that IPSec is the most
secure of the three. I need recommendations on what hardware I need to
purchase and how it should be setup so I can remotely access through a
VPN client. I'm interested in: the Citrix Sonicwall series, the Cisco
series, the Cyberguard/Snapgear series, the ZyWall series, and the
Watchguard series. I prefer the equipment to cost under 1000 bucks. I
also prefer it to be able to work with my current Linksys 8 port
router and I like it to be easily configurable with high performance
and security. And I need recommendations on any software that I will
need such as clients or the other sort.

Sameer

you can pick up a PIX 501 for under $500 ($400 if you're lucky) off on ebay
and last i checked, they were offering a free upgrade to the 3DES feature
set.

You might need an IPSEC client if none is bundled or included with
your hardware buy. As a standalone IPSEC client, I can recommend
Thegreenbow ( http://thegreenbow.com) VPN client. The price is
reasonable and it's pretty easy to use. Personally, I would go for the
ZyWall appliance.