allow non-admin user access to term server manager to remo..

Hi,
I need to allow certain non-administrative users to remote control terminal
server sessions to aid users in learning and troubleshooting certain apps.

Is there a way or policy to set that will allow a user or group to access
terminal server manager and give them the right (like an administrator) to
remote control the TS session of their choice?

Thanks,
Bill

The only way (without Citrix) is to give the user Full Control Permissions to
the RDP-Tcp connection in tscc.msc.

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
http://www.workthin.com

"Bill Fisher" wrote:

> Hi,
> I need to allow certain non-administrative users to remote control terminal
> server sessions to aid users in learning and troubleshooting certain apps.
>
> Is there a way or policy to set that will allow a user or group to access
> terminal server manager and give them the right (like an administrator) to
> remote control the TS session of their choice?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

I have given FULL CONTROL to EVERYONE in the rdp-tcp connection in tscc.msc
and am still getting the error:

"Session (ID X) remote control failed
(error 5 - access is denied)"

Any ideas?