Best way to boot / connect to terminal server from client

Hello,

I'm just wondering what the best, most reliable way or the cleanest way to
connect to terminal server is. I've used a couple of different client
programs, but is there a hands down "best" client program or is it just
users preference?

Any help, direction, opinion would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Rick

I'm not sure that I really understand you, but let's give it a try.
There aren't very many choices when you want to connect to a Terminal
Server. Some choices are dictated by the operating system running on
the client.

* Microsofts RDP client - for all versions of Windows and Macintosh
OS X
* ActiveX® control to run Terminal Services sessions within Internet
Explorer
* Java client for Macintosh OS prior to OS X - from HOBsoft
* unix client - from rdesktop.org

Does this answer your question?

--
Vera Noest
MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

"RWC" <rcollens_SPAMONATOR_@hemmingway.com> wrote on 27 apr 2005:

> Hello,
>
> I'm just wondering what the best, most reliable way or the
> cleanest way to connect to terminal server is. I've used a
> couple of different client programs, but is there a hands down
> "best" client program or is it just users preference?
>
> Any help, direction, opinion would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
> Rick

Really depends what you are trying to do and which features you need on the
client side.
In terms of simplicity and speed, nothing beats DOSRDP XP, a DOS based
client for Terminal Services. You can even remote boot every single machine
using it so no hard drive or floppy is even required to be installed on
them.
Other options are small Linux distros created for this purpose. One of them
is of course our F.Boot Desktop Edition. Check our website for more details.

--
Cláudio Rodrigues

Microsoft MVP
Windows Technologies - Terminal Services
http://www.terminal-services.net