Terminal Server Bandwidth Requirements

Hi to all!

I am new to Windows Terminal Server and I am planning to use it to extend
our applications remotely. What would be the recommended bandwidth so that
terminal server will be fast on the client side and stable on the server
side?

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks...

Allan

Hardware and bandwidth requirements depend on many factors: which
OS is running on your Terminal Server, which applications your
users are running on the TS (16-bit applications are CPU killers,
graphics intensive applications like CAD programs are bandwidth
killers), how much printing is done, etc.

Minimum bandwidth for a useable RDP Session = 26.4Kbps
800x600 @16 bit color - 26.4Kbps per session
1024x768 @256 colors - 24.6Kbps per session

each increase in screen resolution or color depth requires about 3-
4 Kbps more bandwidth.

RAM for each RDP Session = 10-15 MB per user + what their
applications need (can easily get as high as 40-50 MB per user)
This is on top of the RAM that you need for the base OS.
Dual CPUs, the faster the better.

Have a look at Patrick Rousse's hardware recommendations:
http://www.workthin.com/tshw.htm

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"=?Utf-8?B?QWxsYW4=?=" <Allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on
11 maj 2005 in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client:

> Hi to all!
>
> I am new to Windows Terminal Server and I am planning to use it
> to extend our applications remotely. What would be the
> recommended bandwidth so that terminal server will be fast on
> the client side and stable on the server side?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks...
>
> Allan

Thanks a lot,

Allan