Terminal Server Clients Managing Multiple Instances of an ..

Ivan

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

We are new to terminal services, and are interested in extending our
application to run in a terminal services environment. Currently we run the
application on various plant floor PC’s, one of the key components of our
application is logging functionality that is extremely important for
debugging and resolving plant floor issues. If we were to have users
terminal service in to our server and run this application, where would these
log files be saved? If you have multiple instances of an application
running, where would log files be saved if it currently uses app path as a
starting point? Does a vb6 application have the means of determining which
user is currently running this instance of it?
Any help in how to manage this would be greatly appreciated…Thanks!

You will have to change the location of the logfiles to something
that is user-specific. Could be the same search path, like L:\,
where L: maps to a different share for each user. Or you could use
the \windows directory, which is created inside each users home
directory.
This should give you a good starting point:

Terminal Services Programming Guidelines
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-
us/termserv/termserv/terminal_services_programming_guidelines.asp

--
Vera Noest
http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT

"=?Utf-8?B?SXZhbg==?=" <Ivan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on
11 maj 2005 in microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client: