Oppinions on this setup for a first timer...........

how is this setup? I'm a first time build very excited to build my first computer.

AMD Athlon 64 3800+
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
eVGA Geforce 7800gt
Seagate 250GB SATA HDD
ZALMAN CNPS7000B-AlCu (heatsink for cpu)
Sony DVD ROM
LITE-ON DVD Burner (SHW-160P6S)
CORSAIR 512MB DDR 400 (PC 3200) Memory
(2 dimm sticks to make a gig)(CMX512-3200C2PT)
ARCTIC SILVER 5
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
Aspire X-Alien Case
500watt psu

What do you think? I know there is no tv tuner that is because I already have an external one.

I would really appreciate any help or suggestions. :D

FishingforAMD :wink:
6 answers Last reply
More about oppinions setup timer
  1. Looks good to me, have fun with it!
  2. Is it most likely the system will boot the first time it is turned on?
    and also is configuring the bios hard for a first timer?
  3. HELLO ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. AMD=reliable, runs cooler than Intel, excellent for OC'in, awesome for graphics...

i too was 1st time builder, i JUST built this new build with the help of the manuals and of this Forum.

CPU-get 3200+, save your money to afford the dual-core as they become cheaper
    MEMORY- Corsair VS 1GB (2x512MB)
    PSU- that or the Fortron 450WPSU i got, 450 is plenty

gotta have CPU/Heatsink Fan, PSU (24-pin plus 4-pin ATX12V), memory, graphics card, case wires, and a CD-ROM drive USB or IDE in order to run everything, look at my posts/questions, may help you

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/Build-Time-Installing-Setup-Suggestions-ftopict171582.html

good luck, don't rush, ask if you have ANY doubts, that's what i did, i thank everyone on TG Froumz that helped. it saved me over $200 from taking it somewhere to set it up, plus i get the satisfaction of knowing that I, built it, haha, if i can do it, anyone can, trust me...
  5. Should I get a 3700+ or 3800+, I think the 3700+ might be better as far as the L2 Cache which is 1MB versus 512kb and it costs less too :). Is overclocking hard to do and will it lower the life span of the computer?

Thanks guys so far.

FishingforAMD
  6. Personally I purchased the San Diego core 4000+ series. Did I miss the explanation of what you will be using this comp for? My guess is a DVR media center. My rig is predominately gaming coupling my proc with an eVGA 7800 GTX KO vid card.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems