Windows CE Thin client with Windows Terminal Server 2000

I have to install Windows Server 2000 running as Terminal Server and thin
clients running Windows CE.
Can i use Built-in licenses with these clients?
Or maybe, i must install CAL or TSCAL onto the Licensing Server?

Thank you for help and best regards
2 answers Last reply
More about windows thin client windows terminal server 2000
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    You need both a server CAL and a TS CAL for each client.

    --
    Vera Noest
    MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

    "=?Utf-8?B?YXJjYWRpYQ==?=" <arcadia@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote on 20 maj 2005:

    > I have to install Windows Server 2000 running as Terminal Server
    > and thin clients running Windows CE.
    > Can i use Built-in licenses with these clients?
    > Or maybe, i must install CAL or TSCAL onto the Licensing Server?
    >
    > Thank you for help and best regards
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?)

    Thank you very much.
    that will be easy now.

    "Vera Noest [MVP]" wrote:

    > You need both a server CAL and a TS CAL for each client.
    >
    > --
    > Vera Noest
    > MCSE,CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
    > http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT
    > *----------- Please reply in newsgroup -------------*
    >
    > "=?Utf-8?B?YXJjYWRpYQ==?=" <arcadia@discussions.microsoft.com>
    > wrote on 20 maj 2005:
    >
    > > I have to install Windows Server 2000 running as Terminal Server
    > > and thin clients running Windows CE.
    > > Can i use Built-in licenses with these clients?
    > > Or maybe, i must install CAL or TSCAL onto the Licensing Server?
    > >
    > > Thank you for help and best regards

Windows Server Windows Ce Terminal Server Windows