epson stylus colour 460 printer

When I print a picture on my printer it is offset to one side by about 2 cm
I cannot find a way to adjust this (margins etc) I have used the `centre
picture` facility but this doesn`t help. I manually position picture (off
setting in the oposite direction) to allow for this to get a centred picture
is there a way I can adjust this.
thanks

What program are you trying to print from? Is there any white area
around the image you are printing from? If so it may be centering
including that white area, which isn't printed.

Make sure you are using the correct page size in the driver for the
paper size you are using.

Art

Juco wrote:

> When I print a picture on my printer it is offset to one side by about 2 cm
> I cannot find a way to adjust this (margins etc) I have used the `centre
> picture` facility but this doesn`t help. I manually position picture (off
> setting in the oposite direction) to allow for this to get a centred picture
> is there a way I can adjust this.
> thanks

I have tried printing using..
MGI Photo suite
Adobe photoshop
windows picture and fax viewer
There is no white area around any side of the picture
have checked the page size and the printer/driver
Although when I go to print preview (will describe as best I can)..........

I am say printing on A4 paper, the preview shows what looks like A4 plus a
bit extra (couple of cm)
when I centre it centres within the A4 sheet, but not within the A4 + the
extra bit. I think this is where the problem is but how to correct?

Hope this makes sense
thanks

"Arthur Entlich" <artistic@telus.net> wrote in message
> What program are you trying to print from? Is there any white area
> around the image you are printing from? If so it may be centering
> including that white area, which isn't printed.
>
> Make sure you are using the correct page size in the driver for the
> paper size you are using.
>
> Art
>
> Juco wrote:
>
> > When I print a picture on my printer it is offset to one side by about 2
cm
> > I cannot find a way to adjust this (margins etc) I have used the `centre
> > picture` facility but this doesn`t help. I manually position picture
(off
> > setting in the oposite direction) to allow for this to get a centred
picture
> > is there a way I can adjust this.
> > thanks

Hi Juco,

It almost sounds like the printer is using standard North American
widths rather than European. North American paper is 8.5" or 21,6 cm
wide. However, the preview is often not graphically accurate.

What operating system are you using? (Windows ____) or Mac? Did you
install the Epson driver from the Epson printer CD or website, or did
you allow Windows or the operating system select the driver from the "in
box" options that came with the OS?

I would make sure you are using the most current drivers for your
printer and OS as shown on Epson's website (Start at www.epson.com and
select your country). I have seen this problem when a wrong driver is
used (either an old one, one from in box OS rather than Epson or a wrong
model).

I am assuming you are loading the paper so that it is flush against the
fixed left margin edge (when facing the printer) and the adjusting the
movable margin (right side) to the paper's edge.

Art

Juco wrote:

> I have tried printing using..
> MGI Photo suite
> Adobe photoshop
> windows picture and fax viewer
> There is no white area around any side of the picture
> have checked the page size and the printer/driver
> Although when I go to print preview (will describe as best I can)..........
>
> I am say printing on A4 paper, the preview shows what looks like A4 plus a
> bit extra (couple of cm)
> when I centre it centres within the A4 sheet, but not within the A4 + the
> extra bit. I think this is where the problem is but how to correct?
>
> Hope this makes sense
> thanks
>
> "Arthur Entlich" <artistic@telus.net> wrote in message
>
>>What program are you trying to print from? Is there any white area
>>around the image you are printing from? If so it may be centering
>>including that white area, which isn't printed.
>>
>>Make sure you are using the correct page size in the driver for the
>>paper size you are using.
>>
>>Art
>>
>>Juco wrote:
>>

>>>When I print a picture on my printer it is offset to one side by about 2
>
> cm
>
>>>I cannot find a way to adjust this (margins etc) I have used the `centre
>>>picture` facility but this doesn`t help. I manually position picture
>
> (off
>
>>>setting in the oposite direction) to allow for this to get a centred
>
> picture
>
>>>is there a way I can adjust this.
>>>thanks

Art,
I downloaded an update on the driver and it appears to be printing ok now,
(so maybe it was the american version) Only thing is I get a pop up message
stating "cant find file" but I just close this and it prints perfectly now.

Your help has been appreciated
thanks

Juco